ACCELERATING INNOVATION SUMMIT, SAN JOSE, Calif., November 14, 2012 - LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today introduced the Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance. The Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance is the first system of its kind to serve as a standalone, pre-configured, 1U form factor rack boot device for as many as 48 servers. By eliminating boot drives and associated failures, the appliance can significantly increase reliability while reducing overall system and maintenance costs for the largest cloud and mega-datacenter environments.
The high failure rate of traditional boot drives used in today's datacenters, along with the maintenance required to repair and replace them, are expensive problems. The LSI¬ģ Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance is a solution that can increase reliability by up to 100x by replacing the individual server boot drives in datacenters. The Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance is transparent to the host system and provides a unique boot image for each attached server, making system management simple while increasing reliability and power savings up to 60 percent.
"The LSI Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance is an innovative and easy-to-deploy solution that dramatically reduces a common failure point in rack-based servers," said Mike Yang, general manager and vice president of Quanta QCT. "By providing increased reliability, accessibility and serviceability (RAS), as well as a power-saving alternative to traditional SATA boot drives, the Syncro MX-B will deliver high value and peace of mind for datacenter customers."
Available in 24-port and 48-port configurations, the Syncro MX Rack Boot Appliance offers easy scaling and configuration flexibility. The new appliance delivers boot images on RAID volumes with hot-swappable internal hard drives. Additional RAS is achieved through the use of both redundant fans and power supplies. This can result in dramatically lower server failure rates and a reduced total cost of ownership.
"This exciting first product in our Syncro family was created to address customer needs for delivering higher reliability as well as lowering power consumption, issues that have grown more acute in massive cloud and mega-datacenters," said Bill Wuertz, senior vice president and general manager, RAID Storage Division, LSI. "With our full line of acceleration and performance solutions and by resolving these critical datacenter issues, we are enabling our customers to scale and build a better cloud."
The Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance is based on the new LSI Syncro architecture that serves as the foundation for new products that solve challenges in many applications and verticals. Syncro is a shared-DAS architecture that delivers multi-server solutions. The LSI Syncro MX-B Rack Boot Appliance is available and currently shipping to manufacturers.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada