Sharkoon is expanding their range of "QuickPort" docking stations: The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort U3 FireWire is a true all-round talent in terms of fast data transfer and connectivity diversity. The hard drive adapter not only supports the eponymous FireWire standard, but with USB3.0 and eSATA also two other external interface standards. With the additional FireWire port Sharkoon now especially appeals to the Mac community, since their Apple devices primarily use a FireWire interface. The new QuickPort model also provides three IEEE-1394 ports: one for the older 1394a standard (FireWire 400) and two for the faster 1394b standard (FireWire 800). The appropriate connection cables for all available ports are enclosed. The internal SATA interface supports the SATA standards I to III.
Sharkoon's QuickPort models connect external SATA hard drives quickly and easily to a PC or Notebook. The stable and handy table adapter offers a vertical slot for SATA hard drives in 2.5 and 3.5 inch format. There is also room for 2.5 inch SSDs. The disk is simply inserted with the computer immediately recognizing it as a drive. The QuickPort is equipped with a practical eject button, an on/off switch and LEDs indicating power and hard drive activity; it also measures 130 x 70 x 95 mm and weighs 550 grams. In addition to the connection cables, a power supply and instruction manual are included.
End customers will find the Sharkoon SATA QuickPort U3 FireWire available for the suggested retail price of 64.90 euros in authorized retailers.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases discrete GPU prototype, powered by Raja Koduri
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit