Synology America Corp. today announced the launch of the first 2013 models, the DiskStations DS213 and DS213+. The new 2-bay models are updated for home and office use.
"We are very proud to announce our latest additions to the DiskStation family," said Marivel Espinoza, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "The new DiskStations offer improved performance, in addition to the same great reliability and software set our customers have come to expect."
The DS213 and DS213+ are built to save time and money. Slated to land under $300 and $370 respectively, either model will make an economical addition to any network. Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) simplifies volume management and allows for nearly instantaneous volume creation.
The new models offer performance improvements over their predecessors. The DS213+ includes a hardware assist for greatly improved performance when using 256-bit AES encryption. Support for USB 3.0 allows for improved backup and restore times.
All Synology DiskStations feature the same intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. DSM brings a number of business-friendly features at no additional cost.
The Cloud Station package allows users to keep files in sync, whether in the office or on the go. Cloud Station allows remote assets to keep their files in sync without needing port forwarding, or leaving data on 3rd party server.
- Support for backups from Windows┬« and Mac OS X clients
- Centralized file sharing using common network protocols
- ACL support for granular, file-level control
- ADS support up to 100,000 users and groups
- Granular notification system via email, SMS, and push
- Antivirus package
For more information about the both of these products: http://www.synology.com/products/index.php?lang=us
Latest News Posts
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit