Synology America Corp. today announced the launch of the first 2013 models, the DiskStations DS213 and DS213+. The new 2-bay models are updated for home and office use.
"We are very proud to announce our latest additions to the DiskStation family," said Marivel Espinoza, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "The new DiskStations offer improved performance, in addition to the same great reliability and software set our customers have come to expect."
The DS213 and DS213+ are built to save time and money. Slated to land under $300 and $370 respectively, either model will make an economical addition to any network. Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) simplifies volume management and allows for nearly instantaneous volume creation.
The new models offer performance improvements over their predecessors. The DS213+ includes a hardware assist for greatly improved performance when using 256-bit AES encryption. Support for USB 3.0 allows for improved backup and restore times.
All Synology DiskStations feature the same intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. DSM brings a number of business-friendly features at no additional cost.
The Cloud Station package allows users to keep files in sync, whether in the office or on the go. Cloud Station allows remote assets to keep their files in sync without needing port forwarding, or leaving data on 3rd party server.
- Support for backups from Windows┬« and Mac OS X clients
- Centralized file sharing using common network protocols
- ACL support for granular, file-level control
- ADS support up to 100,000 users and groups
- Granular notification system via email, SMS, and push
- Antivirus package
For more information about the both of these products: http://www.synology.com/products/index.php?lang=us
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam