SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced it is providing Lenovo with the solid state drive (SSD) used in the new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, the world's lightest 14-inch Ultrabook computer.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon weighs in at less than three pounds, has an exterior made of extremely lightweight carbon fiber material, boasts optional embedded 3G connectivity for anywhere, anytime Internet access, and relies on a 256GB2 SanDisk X100 SSD for incredibly responsive, small form factor storage. The version of the SanDisk X100 SSD being used by Lenovo relies on a custom design that is smaller than the typical SSD, helping to reduce both the size and weight of the Lenovo X1 Carbon, as well as reducing power consumption. SanDisk offers the X100 SSD in both 256GB and 128GB capacities.
"Lenovo's leadership pioneering the X1 Carbon pushes the envelope in terms of bringing 'no compromise performance' to an extremely thin, light and connected form factor," said Tom Butler, director Worldwide ThinkPad Product Marketing, Lenovo. "Collaborating with SanDisk has helped us enable the ThinkPad X1 Carbon's design."
"The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is stunning both in terms of its aesthetics as well as its capabilities," said Kevin Conley, senior vice president and general manager, Client Storage Solutions, SanDisk. "Our custom version of the SanDisk X100 SSD helps Lenovo deliver high-capacity and high-performance storage for this innovative Ultrabook product."
SanDisk Solid State Drives
SanDisk offers a full portfolio of products for the retail, OEM and enterprise channels. In the retail channel, SanDisk SSDs offer consumers the extra computational muscle needed to keep pace with next-generation games and applications. Whether you're a gamer, a computing enthusiast, or an everyday PC user, a SanDisk SSD brings quicker program loading, smoother application performance, and faster data transfer to your PC.
SanDisk also sells SSDs directly to OEMs. SanDisk SSDs excel as standalone storage solutions and in dual-drive cache acceleration setups. SanDisk also manufactures SSDs to custom specifications and in custom form factors, helping OEMs meet the market demand for faster memory performance. SanDisk, in partnership with Condusiv Technologies, provides a full software and hardware solution for improving SSD performance. ExpressCache software, when sold together with SanDisk SSDs, helps OEMs deliver more responsive computing systems to their customers.
For the enterprise, Lightning SSDs provide the industry's widest array of flexible cloud and data center system design solutions. The drives deliver dramatic I/O performance, predictable performance and superior reliability over competing SSD technology. Lightning PCIe Enterprise Solid State Accelerator cards deliver accelerated performance for technical, media, entertainment, enterprise, finance, and cloud applications. SanDisk now also offers enterprise software, to deliver improved performance benefits with small amounts of flash storage installed in servers. In enterprise data centers facing space and power constraints, server acceleration presents a cost-effective strategy for maximizing the performance of existing IT infrastructure.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit