Imation Corp., a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced the expansion of its secure USB hard drive line with capacities of up to 1 terabyte (TB), optional biometric fingerprint authentication, and a uniquely comprehensive set of options for secure USB hard drive management.
"Enterprise and government organizations increasingly need manageable USB devices in order to provide mobile workers with the tools necessary to work where and when they want, and access the data they need in the most secure way possible," said Lawrence Reusing, Imation's general manager for Mobile Security. "People are increasingly turning to USB hard drives to transport large data sets. Our expanding secure hard drive offerings are in response to our customers needing increased capacity without compromising control over the devices and data."
"Many organizations have already taken steps to encrypt and protect data on disk drives used in notebook PCs, but now need to go one step further to encrypt and protect data on personal storage devices," said John Rydning, IDC's research vice president for hard disk drives. "Imation's encrypted personal storage solutions address what is often a neglected area for data security in organizations."
Imation's full line of secure data solutions - from USB flash drives to hard drives - allows IT administrators to provision employees with a wide array of manageable FIPS Level 3 validated secure USB devices, simplifying data security for travelers, teleworkers, and contractors.
Imation also offers IT administrators the industry's most comprehensive device provisioning and management solutions with advanced features such as remote kill, device recycling, and compliance reporting. Imation delivers unique features and controls to meet Enterprise and Government customer needs, including:
- Up to 10 users per device with one-factor or two-factor authentication standard, with robust support for complex and custom password policies including length, special characters, and expiration, among other rules.
- Optional Imation ACCESS Enterprise device management, which streamlines provisioning, and offers customized security policies, deployment, and management of a few up to tens of thousands of secure portable devices across networks and security environments.
- Available administration with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software, enabling centralized enterprise device management, and an array of administrative capabilities, including US Government CAC/PIV card authentication and optional antivirus software that prevents malware from being transferred onto the device.
Imation secure hard drive features include:
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security processor meeting the most demanding regulatory requirements.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption, protecting data each time the USB hard drive is in use with the hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption implemented in Cipher Block Chain (CBC) mode.
- Single or dual-factor authentication, customers can choose models with password-only authentication, or password plus biometric fingerprint authentication through an ergonomic swipe sensor, to protect data at rest and ensure data access for authorized users.
- Unique tamper-evident aluminum enclosure that allows users to immediately recognize attempts to physically compromise the device.
- Imation's Secure Data, Identity and Mobile Workspace product set helps organizations protect against data loss and supports compliance strategies, providing users secure and convenient access to their data and applications wherever they are, while delivering managed security and ensuring compliance over a range of USB devices and removable media.
Imation's secure mobile solutions are available through Imation's network of channel partners. For more information, visit http://www.imation.com/en-US/Mobile-Security/Mobile-Security-Products/Secure-Data/.
Latest News Posts
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct