Imation Corp., a global scalable storage and data security company, today announced the expansion of its secure USB hard drive line with capacities of up to 1 terabyte (TB), optional biometric fingerprint authentication, and a uniquely comprehensive set of options for secure USB hard drive management.
"Enterprise and government organizations increasingly need manageable USB devices in order to provide mobile workers with the tools necessary to work where and when they want, and access the data they need in the most secure way possible," said Lawrence Reusing, Imation's general manager for Mobile Security. "People are increasingly turning to USB hard drives to transport large data sets. Our expanding secure hard drive offerings are in response to our customers needing increased capacity without compromising control over the devices and data."
"Many organizations have already taken steps to encrypt and protect data on disk drives used in notebook PCs, but now need to go one step further to encrypt and protect data on personal storage devices," said John Rydning, IDC's research vice president for hard disk drives. "Imation's encrypted personal storage solutions address what is often a neglected area for data security in organizations."
Imation's full line of secure data solutions - from USB flash drives to hard drives - allows IT administrators to provision employees with a wide array of manageable FIPS Level 3 validated secure USB devices, simplifying data security for travelers, teleworkers, and contractors.
Imation also offers IT administrators the industry's most comprehensive device provisioning and management solutions with advanced features such as remote kill, device recycling, and compliance reporting. Imation delivers unique features and controls to meet Enterprise and Government customer needs, including:
- Up to 10 users per device with one-factor or two-factor authentication standard, with robust support for complex and custom password policies including length, special characters, and expiration, among other rules.
- Optional Imation ACCESS Enterprise device management, which streamlines provisioning, and offers customized security policies, deployment, and management of a few up to tens of thousands of secure portable devices across networks and security environments.
- Available administration with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software, enabling centralized enterprise device management, and an array of administrative capabilities, including US Government CAC/PIV card authentication and optional antivirus software that prevents malware from being transferred onto the device.
Imation secure hard drive features include:
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) 140-2, Level 3 validated security processor meeting the most demanding regulatory requirements.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption, protecting data each time the USB hard drive is in use with the hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption implemented in Cipher Block Chain (CBC) mode.
- Single or dual-factor authentication, customers can choose models with password-only authentication, or password plus biometric fingerprint authentication through an ergonomic swipe sensor, to protect data at rest and ensure data access for authorized users.
- Unique tamper-evident aluminum enclosure that allows users to immediately recognize attempts to physically compromise the device.
- Imation's Secure Data, Identity and Mobile Workspace product set helps organizations protect against data loss and supports compliance strategies, providing users secure and convenient access to their data and applications wherever they are, while delivering managed security and ensuring compliance over a range of USB devices and removable media.
Imation's secure mobile solutions are available through Imation's network of channel partners. For more information, visit http://www.imation.com/en-US/Mobile-Security/Mobile-Security-Products/Secure-Data/.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit