Futuremark is proud to announce that Acer Incorporated (TPE:2353), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM) and SingTel-Optus have joined its Benchmark Development Program to create a new 3DMark gaming benchmark for Android-based tablets and smartphones. The Futuremark Benchmark Development Program gathers input and expertise from the world's best and most technologically advanced companies to create industry standard benchmarks for performance measurement. 3DMark for Android is expected to be released later this year. http://www.3dmark.com/
Jukka Mäkinen, Futuremark CEO said, "For more than ten years we have worked with the world's leading PC hardware manufacturers to create 3DMark and PCMark. As a result, Futuremark benchmarks are the industry standard for PC performance measurement used by hundreds of press publications and millions of end-users. As we bring 3DMark to Android, we are excited to expand our cooperation to include Acer, Intel, Qualcomm and SingTel-Optus, technology leaders who will bring unparalleled insight, experience and vision to the development of 3DMark for Android."
Launching later this year, 3DMark for Android will measure gaming performance using graphics rendering, CPU and physics tests with stunning real-time graphics that will push OpenGL ES2.0 to the limit. The results from 3DMark for Android will be comparable to the results from the new 3DMark for Windows, also to be released later this year.
Wason Shyu, AVP, ADC BU, RD Center, Acer said, "As one of the top volume consumer electronics and notebook PC companies in the world, we use 3DMark to analyze performance in an objective and scientific manner. This assists in providing our customers with products of the very highest quality that are ready for the most demanding tasks, whether it is exacting physics computations or the purest video game experiences."
Shervin Kheradpir, General Manager of Intel's Platform Evaluation & Analysis said "Intel is committed to providing feedback and assistance in the development of tools that intend to evaluate user experience and performance of computing products. Whether we participate in a formal consortium or in the Futuremark Benchmark Development Program we are glad to be part of groups seeking to modernize measurement methods that can keep pace with the rapidly evolving computing industry. We are pleased to see Futuremark bring 3DMark to the Android operating system."
Tim Leland, Director of Product Management at Qualcomm said, "As the leader in mobile GPU shipments last year with its Snapdragon processors, Qualcomm values impartial measurement of graphics performance. By joining the 3DMark for Android Benchmark Development Program, we're glad to be working with Futuremark and the other members of the Program to help ensure that the resulting benchmarks are representative of future, real-world 3D graphics content for Android smartphones and tablets."
Futuremark's Benchmark Development Program is an initiative for building partnerships with leading hardware and technology manufacturers. Members include AMD, Imagination Technologies, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Samsung and many other world class companies. An open process of close co-operation helps Futuremark create high-quality, impartial benchmarks that set the industry standard for performance measurement. Find out more at http://www.futuremark.com/bdp/.
3DMark for Android is currently in development and is expected to be released later this year. Follow Futuremark on Facebook for the latest 3DMark news http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark or visit http://www.futuremark.com.
Latest News Posts
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- NVIDIA's new RTX technology powers ray traced Porsche
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market