Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage, and enthusiast computer products today launches its new wireless personal storage enclosure the Gauntlet Node. Previously announced as the Gauntlet Wifi, the Gauntlet Node will allow users to break free from the hardware limited storage options offered in today's most popular tablets, smart phones, and laptops by offering up to 1 terabyte of untethered external storage.
Providing an extremely flexible wireless storage solution, the Gauntlet Node can be fitted with any new or used 2.5" mechanical hard drive or solid state drive and is hot swappable for no hassle use with multiple drives. Using Gauntlet Connect, available through Google Play, Amazon App Store, and iTunes, the Gauntlet Node is capable of sharing or streaming to 8 connected devices for excellent on the go productivity or entertainment. Powered by a lithium ion battery, the Gauntlet Node can stream movies, music, and photos or transfer data continuously for up to 5.5 hours.
"The Gauntlet Node is set to provide the most flexible wireless storage solutions available", says Mike Kroll, Patriot Memory's Director of Peripherals Product Management. "With a DIY form factor that supports standard 2.5" HDDs and SSDs and includes built in features like WiFi and USB 3.0 connectivity, the Gauntlet Node is an amazingly powerful way to expand the storage of popular mobile devices like smart phones, tablets, and ultrabook class laptops."
The Gauntlet Node is shipping now to select United States retailers and will be available for an MSRP of $99.99. Availability in regions outside of the United States will be announced soon.
- DIY external enclosure
- USB 3.0 external data port
- Internal SATA interface
- Built in WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- WPA security
- 150 Mbit transfer rate
- Lithium-ion polymer for up to 5 hours of continuous streaming
- Available iOS & Android app for data transfer and sharing
- Supports IE 6 or higher, Firefox, and Safari for web access
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit