Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today introduced XIOS DS Media Play. The new generation Smart TV companion offers unprecedented performance and massive applications for today's digital entertainment. Powered by ARM Cortex A9 operating at 800MHz clock speed and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the ultra slim smart TV companion is the most impressive middle ware solution at its weight class.
"The switch from our popular MIPS based architecture to ARM Cortex platform has proven a great transition for us. Not only has it completed the Android offering by providing a significant amount of performance boosts, but it also allowed us to shrink everything into an ultra slim package at only 0.6 inch thickness without hindering the performance or sacrificing in features" says Jack Chen, Chief of Operations. "In addition, the XIOS DS can be upgradable to our upcoming Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware, which allows our customers to enjoy more robust and feature rich user experience down the road."
Measured only at 170 grams in weight, the XIOS DS is one of the world's smallest smart TV companion. Supporting full 1080p playback, digital surround sound, expandable memory storage, USB connectivity, Ethernet and built in 802.11b/g/n WiFi, this little marvel makes one of the highest performing middle ware in its weight class. MSRP at $114.99, the XIOS DS Media Player will launched in later May at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Tigerdirect.com, NCIX.com, Canadacomputers.com and all other major etail and retail locations.
In addition, Pivos will also be shipping "Sense", an optional gyroscopic 2.4GHz wireless remote that is designed to complement its Android based smart TV companion. The optional accessory can be purchased separately at select reseller locations.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- PUBG's first world tournament: $2 million in prizes and more
- Fortnite is coming to China, with Tencent securing rights
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit