Pivos Technology Group, Inc., a global pioneer in media peripherals and embedded technologies today introduced XIOS DS Media Play. The new generation Smart TV companion offers unprecedented performance and massive applications for today's digital entertainment. Powered by ARM Cortex A9 operating at 800MHz clock speed and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the ultra slim smart TV companion is the most impressive middle ware solution at its weight class.
"The switch from our popular MIPS based architecture to ARM Cortex platform has proven a great transition for us. Not only has it completed the Android offering by providing a significant amount of performance boosts, but it also allowed us to shrink everything into an ultra slim package at only 0.6 inch thickness without hindering the performance or sacrificing in features" says Jack Chen, Chief of Operations. "In addition, the XIOS DS can be upgradable to our upcoming Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware, which allows our customers to enjoy more robust and feature rich user experience down the road."
Measured only at 170 grams in weight, the XIOS DS is one of the world's smallest smart TV companion. Supporting full 1080p playback, digital surround sound, expandable memory storage, USB connectivity, Ethernet and built in 802.11b/g/n WiFi, this little marvel makes one of the highest performing middle ware in its weight class. MSRP at $114.99, the XIOS DS Media Player will launched in later May at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Tigerdirect.com, NCIX.com, Canadacomputers.com and all other major etail and retail locations.
In addition, Pivos will also be shipping "Sense", an optional gyroscopic 2.4GHz wireless remote that is designed to complement its Android based smart TV companion. The optional accessory can be purchased separately at select reseller locations.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz