OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that its SAS-based Talos 2 SSDs will be showcased during Microsoft's North American TechEd (technology education) conferences. With this partnership, TechEd participants will get a firsthand look at the upcoming Windows Server 2012 and how it delivers the enterprise-class storage capabilities that IT departments require. OCZ Talos 2 drives will be highlighted in various Windows Server 2012 demonstrations showing their leading application performance and data access, high endurance and reliability, seamless integration of 2.5-inch form factors, and true dual-ported SAS capabilities.
TechEd event is Microsoft's premier technology conference for IT professionals and developers, offering the most comprehensive technical education of Microsoft's current and future suite of products, solutions, and services, and utilizes hands-on learning, in-depth product exploration, and other opportunities that build relationships within the Microsoft community. TechEd begins June 11 in Orlando, Florida, and continues on to Europe in late June for IT professionals and developers to keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest Microsoft technologies and platforms. In conjunction with the TechEd events in North America and Europe, OCZ Talos 2 SSDs will be featured in a permanent demo display rack at the Microsoft Technology Center in New York City.
Supporting a 6Gb/s SAS interface and available in up to 1TB capacities, Talos 2 SSDs are designed specifically for mixed workloads in enterprise environments and deliver the industry's fastest random transactional performance up to 70,000 IOPS. Unlike many competing SAS-based SSDs, Talos 2 drives are dual-ported to provide two redundant data paths, and support OCZ's DataWrite Assurance data protection in case of a sudden power loss adding to the product's superior data integrity. Increased security and encryption features coupled with high endurance Multi-Level Cell (MLC) features such as advanced ECC protection and data recovery, minimal write amplification, intelligent block management and wear-leveling to help extend drive life for ultimate reliability and longevity.
"OCZ is very pleased to be a part of this leading technology conference and to partner with Microsoft in the development of upcoming products, while helping to drive SSD compatibility, encouraging SSD adoption over hard drives, and bolstering additional relationships with the latest Microsoft solution providers," said Ryan Petersen, CEO for OCZ Technology. "This collaboration with Microsoft extends the benefits of our SSD technology to the Microsoft universe delivering superior application performance and data access for next-generation data centers."
"We're excited to see OCZ Technology Group build on Windows Server 2012 capabilities and demonstrate Talos 2 SSDs, at the Microsoft Partner Pavilion at Microsoft TechEd in Orlando, FL this week," said Ian Carlson, director of Windows Server and Management product management at Microsoft.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA