Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD), a leader in the development of semiconductor SoC (System on Chip) solutions for the data storage market, today unveiled its flagship high-performance LM87800 SATA 6G SSD controller with proprietary eBoostTM technology. The highly-integrated device brings enterprise-class performance and endurance enhancement to the rapidly growing client SSD market.
Designed to deliver superior performance, the architecture deploys extensive hardware acceleration, dedicated host-side and NAND-side ARM® microcontrollers and a 6Gb/s SATA host interface, enabling the LM87800 to deliver industry-leading performance of 90K sustained random read/write IOPS and 550 MB/s sustained sequential read/write throughput. The LM87800 is fabricated on a low-power and low-leakage process technology and employs sophisticated power management techniques to achieve ultra-low power consumption.
The LM87800 features highly robust data recovery capability based on Link_A_Media Device's eBoostTM technology. eBoost significantly enhances the endurance of current and future generation NAND flash to bring enterprise-class reliability and lifetime to client SSDs while maintaining superior performance throughout the life of the SSD. eBoost achieves these key system objectives through the use of proprietary adaptive signal estimation techniques coupled with powerful on-the-fly error correction technology.
With 8 NAND channels supporting the high-speed ONFi 2.3 and Toggle 1 flash interfaces, the LM87800 can access up to 1 terabyte of commodity NAND flash while also cost-effectively supporting today's mainstream SSD capacities of 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The LM87800 supports NAND flash from all major vendors including SLC, MLC and eMLC flash families.
"We are very pleased to announce the availability of the LM87800, our flagship SATA SSD controller designed to deliver unsurpassed performance for PC and related applications," said Dr. Hemant Thapar, CEO, Link_A_Media Devices. "The feature-rich LM87800 includes our eBoost technology which significantly enhances NAND Flash endurance to enable next generation MLC Flash in enterprise-class Client SSDs."
"Link_A_Media's SSD controller has enabled us to design our fourth generation of SSDs, the Neutron Series, to reach incredible new levels of performance and reliability," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "We are extremely excited to bring this state-of-the-art SSD technology to consumers."
Featured in Corsair's groundbreaking Neutron Series SSDs, winner of the prestigious "Best of Computex 2012" award from Tom's Hardware, Corsair's Neutron are the industry's first SSDs to deploy the LM87800 controller.
Offered as a turn-key solution, the LM87800 comes complete with qualified and field-proven host interface and NAND management firmware, reference designs and documentation to enable customers to quickly design-in and bring to market leading-edge SSD products. LM87800 samples are available now.
- SATA 6G host interface
- 8 NAND channels, up to 4CE per channel
- Support for 2y-nm and 1x-nm NAND Flash from all major Flash vendors
- ONFi 2.3, Toggle Mode 1 and Legacy NAND interfaces
- Proprietary endurance improving eBoostTM technology
- End-to-end user data path protection
- Strong BCH ECC capability with area/power efficient decoder architecture
- Enterprise-class proven firmware for NAND management and data transport operations
- Variable NAND over-provisioning
- Efficient garbage collection and global wear leveling
- RAID/Chipkill technology
- Proven unsolicited power loss management
- Low power design
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 TRIM support
Performance (using MLC NAND)
- Sequential Read: 550 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 550 MB/s
- Random Read (4KB): 90K IOPS
- Random Write (4KB): 90K IOPS
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit