VIA Technologies, Inc., a leading innovator of power efficient computing platforms, is honored to announce today that it has been selected to receive one of the Best Choice of Computex 2012 awards for its USB 3.0 Active Optical Cable (AOC), which features the VIA Labs the VO510 5-Gigabit Optical Transceiver. USB 3.0 AOC builds on the rapid data transfer and high-definition multimedia capabilities of USB 3.0 and expands maximum distances from 3 meters to 100 meters and beyond.
The USB 3.0 AOC was designed to be compliant with SuperSpeed USB electrical specifications, offering seamless interoperability between existing USB 3.0 host and device controllers, ensuring a trouble-free plug-and-play experience. With an ultra-thin profile and long reach, the USB 3.0 AOC breaks the distance barrier and introduces a cost-effective and high-performance solution enabling existing devices to be used in new ways such as for Smart Digital Signage, High-Definition Surveillance, and Zero-Clients.
"We are deeply honored to be selected to receive such a prestigious award at this year's Computex 2012 ," said Jiin Lai, Chief Technical Officer, VIA Labs, Inc. "With the VO510 and our partner's AOC products at mass production readiness, we are looking to expand our coverage and expertise of other interconnects such as PCI Express."
VIA will be in attendance at Computex 2012, 4F Nangang Exhibition Hall, Booth MO311 this June 5th to 9th and showcasing the new technology as well as the entire VIA Smart Ecosystem. To schedule a meeting with a VIA representative please contact Sales@via-labs.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard