Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq:RMBS), one of the world's premier technology licensing companies, today announced it has awarded its annual "Innovator of the Future" scholarship to Shubha Raghvendra of St. Francis High School and Jamshed Vesuna of Los Altos High School.
Each student has been awarded $10,000 for tuition and books at a college or university. The scholarship money will be distributed in equal increments over four years at the beginning of each academic year. In addition to the scholarship awards, a one-time award of $1,000 will go to each of the four finalists in this year's scholarship program.
"At Rambus, we continue our commitment to helping future innovators broaden their educational opportunities beyond the classroom," said Harold Hughes, president and chief executive officer at Rambus. "Both Jamshed and Shubha have demonstrated the enthusiasm and passion necessary to explore careers in the area of science and technology."
Established in 2005, the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship program recognizes students based on academic excellence, passion for technology, leadership in school, civic and extracurricular activities, and motivation to serve and succeed.
Eligibility for the Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarship award extends to individuals attending a select group of high schools located near the Rambus Sunnyvale headquarters, and graduating before fall 2012 with plans to attend a four-year college or university program of study beginning in fall 2012. Applications for the 2013 Rambus Innovator of the Future scholarships will be available during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard