AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced a collaboration with Green Hills Software, the largest independent vendor of embedded software, that brings its industry-leading INTEGRITY real-time operating system (RTOS) to the AMD Embedded G-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) platform. The combination of INTEGRITY RTOS with the AMD Embedded G-Series APU creates a high performance, reliable and secure embedded computing solution or use across a range of applications including industrial control systems, consumer, networking, military/aerospace and medical.
The INTEGRITY RTOS offers support for multi-core x86 CPUs in the AMD Embedded G-Series APU with its v10.0.2 SMP release. The AMD Embedded G-Series APU offers an advanced, low-power, multi-core x86 CPU and a discrete-class DirectX® 11-capable GPU on a single chip. This specific family of APUs was created expressly for the requirements of embedded systems, many of which require the precise, deterministic timing of an RTOS.
"Reliability, security, and certifications are critical requirements in the embedded market. Green Hills has a long and successful track record in these areas and can not only deliver these critical requirements, but can also provide a large ecosystem of technology collaborations that can help bring a complete software platform solution to our customers, enabling reduced time-to-market," said Buddy Broeker, director, Embedded Solutions, AMD. "The AMD Embedded G-Series APUs and INTEGRITY is a winning combination for our customers in highly regulated markets such as industrial, military/aerospace and medical devices."
"The INTEGRITY board support package for the AMD Embedded G-Series APU supports the AMD DB-FT1 Development Board and will enable AMD customers to build a strong software foundation based on market proven Green Hills technology," says Chris Smith, vice president of marketing at Green Hills Software. "With its advanced separation kernel architecture, INTEGRITY has achieved numerous certifications for industry safety and security standards, leading to its widespread adoption in the embedded market."
INTEGRITY is Green Hills Software's flagship real-time operating system that has been successfully deployed in a wide range of end-customer products where safety and reliability are paramount. The success of INTEGRITY is due to its advanced technological design, incorporating memory protection, resource availability, secure remote management, and hard real-time deterministic response. INTEGRITY technology is certified to numerous safety standards including IEC 61508 (SIL 3) and EN 50128 CENELEC (SWSIL 4), in addition to the highest Common Criteria (IEC 15408) security level ever achieved for any commercial operation system - EAL6+, High Robustness.
Latest News Posts
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit