id Software Announces Dates for QuakeCon 2009
The Hilton Anatole Hotel to Open its Doors Again to Gamers Worldwide
MESQUITE, Texas - December 18, 2008 - As temperatures begin to fall and the holidays are fast approaching, it's time to start thinking about your summer vacation to the THE must-attend gaming event of the year - QuakeCon 2009! id Software and the QuakeCon organization has just announced that QuakeCon 2009, the world's ultimate video game festival and party, will take place August 13 - 16, 2009, in Dallas, TX at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. As always, the event is FREE to all attendees thanks to the support of id Software, the QuakeCon volunteer staff, and the 2009 event sponsors and exhibitors.
QuakeCon will once again host North America's largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN party - with spots for nearly 3,000 gamers to hook their systems up and play on our world-class network. Of course, it wouldn't be QuakeCon without the drama and intensity of the big-money pro tournaments, featuring id Software's new free-to-play, web-based multiplayer game QUAKE LIVE. QuakeCon also offers non-stop fun and entertainment for those that don't bring their own computer. The world's leading gaming and technology companies will be on hand to demonstrate their latest hardware and software in the 35,000 square foot exhibit hall, and every day of QuakeCon is packed with contests, entertainment, announcements, panel discussions, and parties.
Online registration for QuakeCon will begin at 9:30pm EST / 6:30pm PST on March 6, 2009. Participation in the BYOC, tournaments, exhibits, conferences, and all other events is free of charge.
The Hilton Anatole is now taking room reservations for QuakeCon 2009 through their custom QuakeCon reservation page at http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/DFWANHH-QUA-20090806/index.jhtml or through their toll-free reservations number, 1-800-HILTONS. To receive the specially negotiated room rate of $145 (single, double, triple or quad occupancy) and the special daily self-park rate of $7 (regularly $15 per day), you must request the group rate for "QuakeCon 2009" or book through the link above when making your reservation. You must be a guest of the hotel to receive the discounted parking rate during the event. The hotel requires a first night's deposit on reservations (refundable up to 48-hours in advance of the first day of the event). Rooms at this special rate are limited.
Companies interested in receiving information on sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities should email email@example.com.
More exciting details about QuakeCon 2009 will follow. Visit https://www.quakecon.org to get the latest information. Plan your travel, reserve your hotel room and BYOC spot, practice those gaming skills and prepare to be blown away by another awesome QuakeCon.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard