Western Digital, the world's leader in digital storage solutions, today introduced My Book Live Duo, a personal cloud storage system that combines the benefits of shared storage and remote access with double-safe backup or increased capacity of a dual-drive system with RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) technology.
Compatible with Mac and PC operating systems, My Book Live Duo continuously maintains a second copy of all your files for real-time data backup in mirrored mode (RAID 1). Half the capacity is used to store users' data and half is used for a second copy. In the unlikely event that one drive fails, data is protected because it's duplicated on the other drive. For automatic backup, Windows users can use the included WD SmartWare software and Mac users can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data.
Maximum Performance and Storage Capacity
In spanning mode the two-drive system combines both drives into one large volume acting as one drive for maximum storage capacity, while its built-in 800 MHz CPU delivers the power and performance needed for today's most demanding applications. Designed around the most recent advances in Ethernet chip technology, My Book Live Duo personal cloud delivers best-in-class read speeds faster than traditional USB 2.0 drives. My Book Live Duo is currently available in 4 TB and 6 TB capacities.
WD's Personal Cloud
As with WD's My Book Live personal cloud storage solution, My Book Live Duo connects to the home network to create shared storage that users can access within the home or anywhere in the world through secure remote access. Remote access to My Book Live and My Book Live Duo is available on any computer through https://www.WD2go.com and with WD mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android smartphones and tablets.
Home Entertainment Hub
Additionally, the My Book Live Duo system's built-in media server streams movies, photos and music to any DLNA-certified multimedia device such as a WD TV Live streaming media player, Blu-ray Disc player, PlayStation 3, as well as Xbox 360s and smart TVs. Users can also stream movies, photos and music to their tablet or smartphone directly from My Book Live Duo through the WD 2go mobile application.
"My Book Live Duo is really the ideal, all-in-one storage and entertainment solution for today's ultra-connected consumer," explains Chris Bull, director of marketing for WD's Connected Home Solutions group. "The ability for consumers to safely backup all their digital content, as well as access and share content from anywhere in the world on their tablet, smartphone or any computer, truly provides a unique and rewarding experience for anyone who wants to enjoy, and needs to protect, valuable digital content."
My Book Live Duo is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, or Lion, as well as DLNA/UPnP enabled devices.
My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage is available at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. MSRP is $399.99 USD for 4 TB and $499.99 USD for 6 TB.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard