Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution for enhanced PC performance. Comprising a 50 GB Crucial m4 SSD, a 3.5" adapter bracket, and software, Crucial Adrenaline intelligently places, or "caches," the most frequently needed files on the SSD and keeps less frequently used files on the hard drive.
The combination of a cost-effective, high-performance SSD with an existing hard drive provides users with the best of both worlds: SSD-like performance with the high capacity offered by a traditional hard drive, all at an affordable cost.
"Many PC users are reluctant to give up their high-capacity hard drives for the performance of a solid state drive," said Robert Wheadon, worldwide senior product manager, Crucial. "Crucial Adrenaline offers these consumers an affordable bridge between hard drives and solid state drives, so they won't be forced to choose capacity over performance, or vice versa."
Upgrading a system with Crucial Adrenaline is a simple process. Customers need only connect the SSD to the motherboard with a standard SATA cable, start the computer, and then install the caching software. Once installed, the software combines the customer's existing hard drive and the solid state cache into a single storage system. The caching software is fully automated, runs in the background, and requires no user management.
"Consumers are storing lots of digital movies, photos, and music on their home PCs, and as the amount of content grows, they want better PC performance for faster access to that content, similar to what SSDs provide," added Wheadon. "Crucial Adrenaline uses solid state technology as a cache for an existing hard drive to accomplish this goal, and delivers a compelling and affordable upgrade solution."
The Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution leverages the industry-leading memory, design, and manufacturing capability of Micron Technology. Backed by a limited three-year warranty, the Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2012 through select global channel partners and online at https://www.crucial.com.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam