Latest technology will be an immediate option in Raptor Gaming systems
Richmond, VA - September 14, 2011 - Velocity Micro, the premier builder of award winning enthusiast desktops, laptops, peripherals, and the remarkable Cruz tablet, announces the availability of 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition on its Raptor Gaming desktops. With this newest generation of processor technology in hand, Velocity Micro has the advanced hardware tools to continue creating some of the fastest, most powerful finely crafted desktop PCs on the market today.
"Staying on the bleeding edge of technology is a primary cornerstone of our business. Always has been, always will be," said Velocity Micro President and CEO, Randy Copeland. "I feel that it's critically important to be able to offer the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition on launch day to solidify our position as a premier builder of ultra performance PCs. We're thrilled to have been given that opportunity and even more thrilled to pass that opportunity along to our customers."
The extreme performance boosts provided by the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition coalesce perfectly with Velocity Micro's ultra performance philosophy to create a remarkably powerful family of desktops for gaming or multimedia applications. Key performance advantages of the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 Extreme processors include:
Ā IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom
Ā Intel Hyper-threading Technology delivers unmatched 12-thread performance across six cores
Ā Twice the memory bandwidth of previous generation IntelĀ® Core i7-990X processor and the largest cache size of any Intel processor
Ā Extreme overclockability in the hands of Velocity Micro's expert engineers with clock speeds approaching 5 GHz
"We're pleased and excited that Velocity Micro has made the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition available in their high-end desktops on launch day," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Intel Americas. "Velocity Micro has always had a reputation for providing the latest, most advanced technology to their enthusiast customers. The performance capabilities of the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition fits perfectly into Velocity Micro's leadership desktop offerings."
For more information on Velocity Micro or to custom configure a finely crafted Intel-based PC of your own, visit VelocityMicro.com.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard