Latest technology will be an immediate option in Raptor Gaming systems
Richmond, VA - September 14, 2011 - Velocity Micro, the premier builder of award winning enthusiast desktops, laptops, peripherals, and the remarkable Cruz tablet, announces the availability of 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition on its Raptor Gaming desktops. With this newest generation of processor technology in hand, Velocity Micro has the advanced hardware tools to continue creating some of the fastest, most powerful finely crafted desktop PCs on the market today.
"Staying on the bleeding edge of technology is a primary cornerstone of our business. Always has been, always will be," said Velocity Micro President and CEO, Randy Copeland. "I feel that it's critically important to be able to offer the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition on launch day to solidify our position as a premier builder of ultra performance PCs. We're thrilled to have been given that opportunity and even more thrilled to pass that opportunity along to our customers."
The extreme performance boosts provided by the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition coalesce perfectly with Velocity Micro's ultra performance philosophy to create a remarkably powerful family of desktops for gaming or multimedia applications. Key performance advantages of the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 Extreme processors include:
Ā IntelĀ® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom
Ā Intel Hyper-threading Technology delivers unmatched 12-thread performance across six cores
Ā Twice the memory bandwidth of previous generation IntelĀ® Core i7-990X processor and the largest cache size of any Intel processor
Ā Extreme overclockability in the hands of Velocity Micro's expert engineers with clock speeds approaching 5 GHz
"We're pleased and excited that Velocity Micro has made the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition available in their high-end desktops on launch day," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Intel Americas. "Velocity Micro has always had a reputation for providing the latest, most advanced technology to their enthusiast customers. The performance capabilities of the 2nd Gen IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7 processor Extreme Edition fits perfectly into Velocity Micro's leadership desktop offerings."
For more information on Velocity Micro or to custom configure a finely crafted Intel-based PC of your own, visit VelocityMicro.com.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, small business, workstation, visual supercomputers and peripherals. Velocity Micro products are currently available at most consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon