HELSINKI, FINLAND - NOVEMBER 14, 2011 - FuturemarkĀ®, the world leader in performance benchmarking software, today announced development of a new version of 3DMarkĀ®, the company's flagship benchmark for gamers. 3DMark for Windows 8 (working title) is designed for gaming performance measurement and comparison across all Windows 8 devices from tablets and notebooks to high-end desktop gaming systems. The announcement was accompanied by an atmospheric concept image for the new benchmark showing an elemental rock warrior brandishing two blazing swords.
Jukka MĆ¤kinen, CEO of Futuremark said,
"With Windows 8 gamers will be able to enjoy their games on a wide range of devices from lightweight tablets to heavy-duty desktop rigs. Faced with so much choice it will be hard to work out which devices offer the best value for money. Fortunately 3DMark for Windows 8 will be our most wide-reaching 3DMark ever, able to accurately measure and compare gaming performance across all devices and graphical feature sets available with Windows 8."
3DMark for Windows 8 (working title)
- Measures and compares gaming performance on all Windows 8 devices
- Stunning real-time scenes stress test all levels of hardware
- Supports both x86 and ARM-based architectures
- Can be used in both Metro UI and 'classic' Windows environments
- Created in co-operation with the world's leading technology companies
- Currently in development, expected to be released in 2012
Follow Futuremark on Facebook for the latest 3DMark news: http://www.facebook.com/Futuremark
Download 3DMark 11, 3DMark Vantage or 3DMark06:
Invitation to join the Futuremark Benchmark Development Program
The development of 3DMark for Windows 8 benefits from the co-operation of many of the world's leading technology companies. The Futuremark Benchmark Development Program (BDP) includes AMD, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Imagination Technologies, Dell, HP and other well known companies. Companies wishing to participate in the BDP are invited to contact Oliver Baltuch, Futuremark President via oliver.baltuch [at] futuremark [dot] com or telephone +1-408-718-8363.
About FuturemarkĀ® Corporation
FuturemarkĀ® Corporation creates the world's most popular benchmarks and PC performance tests. Futuremark's free 3DMarkĀ®, PCMarkĀ® and PeacekeeperĀ tests have helped millions of people measure and improve their PCs' performance for games, media, applications and the web. Futuremark Games Studio creates original games with new and entertaining gameplay. The studio is currently developing Unstoppable Gorg for PC, Xbox LIVEĀ® Arcade and iPadĀ®. Futuremark has offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5