Taipei, Taiwan － November 1, 2011－Thermaltake, the leader and pioneer in PC thermal solutions, carrying the corporate vision of "building Thermaltake Technology into a cultural brand for the enjoyment of entertainment, e-Sports, technology, and lifestyle." This fall, will offer competent enthusiasts a free set of cooler mounting kits to hold up the Intel upcoming LGA-2011 socket, to facilitate our dedication to the corporate mission of "delivering the perfect user experience," as well as show our appreciation to the Thermaltake brand supporters.
The LGA-2011 upgrade mounting hardware will be provided free of charge to anyone who has purchased a qualified cooler prior to October 2011.
Intel® LGA-2011 compatible and Qualified Cooler:
* Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Plus
* Thermaltake Frio OCK
* Thermaltake Frio
Thermaltake will be incorporating the new LGA-2011 kit into all compatible coolers in both retail and e-tail stores once the Intel® Sandy Bridge-E processor launch is confirmed. Thermaltake wants to ensure future compatibility for our Thermaltake brand supporter and enthusiasts therefore the free offering is to ensure that anyone who supports Thermaltake brands with qualified cooler as solution will have the LGA 2011 mounting available once the purchase has been made or in the case that the cooler may have been in store before the changeover.
Among various physical attribute changes, the most notable difference is that there are no "pass-through" holes for the mounting mechanism. On the LGA-1155/1156 and LGA-1366 motherboard, the mounting retention would pass through the motherboard and be retained by either plastic push pins or a variation of backplate and mounting screw combination depending upon the cooler used. With the LGA-2011 socket, the main load mechanism to retain the CPU in the socket also has threaded tabs which are where the cooler will be mounted. This will require a change to present cooler mounting for compatibility and Thermaltake has a solution to ensure enthusiasts can upgrade to this socket with just a minor hardware change.
For more information on the getting your free mounting kits, please contact original purchased retail store/e-shop, or contact our technical support otherwise please follow our where to buy link to find your nearest store.
For more details on the LGA-2011 Support please follow the below links:
Thermaltake LGA-2011 Compatible Cooler Products Page:
Thermaltake Technical Support:
Where to buy link:
Thermaltake YouTube channel:
Follow the official Thermaltake Facebook page:
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases