New NAVIGON for Samsung Version 4.0 also Offers a Simpler User Interface and an Emergency Help Function
Sydney, Australia, October 21, 2011-NAVIGON AG, a leading provider of mobile phone on-board navigation, today announced the next generation of its successful navigation app for Samsung smartphones and tablets in Australia. The free2 upgrade provides NAVIGON for Samsung users with free quarterly map updates via NAVIGON's FreshMaps service, a navigation app first in Australia. In addition, the new version offers a simplified user interface and an Emergency Help function.
"NAVIGON for Samsung 4.0 takes Android navigation to the next level," says Gerhard Mayr, NAVIGON vice-president of worldwide mobile phones and new markets. "It is the first premium navigation app to solve the crucial question of how to provide regular map updates with our new NAVIGON FreshMaps service."
"Australian consumers are increasingly turning to their smartphones for navigation and our ongoing partnership with NAVIGON has allowed us to turn our smartphones and tablets into premium voice-guided navigation devices" said Tyler McGee, Vice President of Telecommunications Samsung Electronics Australia. "The NAVIGON app has proven extremely popular with Samsung GALAXY users and from this update, Samsung consumers using the NAVIGON app will be able to enjoy free2 quarterly map updates,."
The new features of NAVIGON for Samsung 4.0 include:
NAVIGON FreshMaps: Users can simply register within the application to enable the NAVIGON FreshMaps service. NAVIGON FreshMaps uses trusted, field-verified, and quality-controlled map and points of interest updates from NAVTEQ® to help ensure accurate maps.
Latest map guarantee: NAVIGON customers get the latest NAVTEQ map available when downloading NAVIGON for Samsung 4.0.
Easy menu navigation: NAVIGON for Samsung 4.0's new user interface has a new look and also ads some new functionalities. It automatically adapts to the screen size of the device, so users see a clear view based on their specific screen size. On smaller screens, the app displays fewer menu icons so users can see more of the overview screen.
Emergency Help: During an emergency, users can tap one of the predefined categories to receive instant distance information to the nearest police station, hospital, pharmacy, or gas station.
Cockpit Function Coming Soon to Samsung Version 4.0
Samsung Version 4.0 is soon to include a new Cockpit function that displays relevant driving data in real time on a cockpit-like screen. Captured data includes speed, acceleration, and elevation for the last 30 minutes or last quarter mile. Drivers can use this information to see a snapshot of their driving habits. This function is already available for the Navigon for Android App.
Pricing and Availability
NAVIGON for Samsung is preinstalled on selected Samsung smartphones and tablets in Australia. Included are many of NAVIGON's hallmark navigation functions that are available for free. Additional premium features and services can easily be added via in app purchases. The latest update is available free for existing NAVIGON for Samsung users.
Three premium packages can easily be added out of the application via in app purchase. NAVIGON offers an up to 50 percent price reduction on all in app packages until November 2nd, 2011.
1. The Safety & Relax Package ($9.95 instead of $14.95): provides Lane Assistant Pro, Speed & Red Light Camera Warnings, School Zones and Speed Warner.
2. The Traffic Live Package ($14.95 instead of $29.95): delivers real-time traffic information and routes drivers around congested roads, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The traffic information is provided by Suna Traffic.
3. The Sound & Fun Package ($7.95 instead of $9.95): adds text-to-speech, announcing street names in addition to directions, and International Voices with different dialects, to lighten up the journey.
Terms and conditions apply, visit https://www.navigon.com for details.
All of the new features of NAVIGON for Samsung 4.0 are also available for the NAVIGON for Android app in the Android Market. The update is available for free, but NAVIGON FreshMaps is available as an in app purchase for $19.95 (normally $29.95) until November 2, 2011, in the Android Market version. The cockpit function is available now for $4.95.
For more information, please visit: https://www.navigon.com.
Find NAVIGON on:
About NAVIGON AG - a GARMIN company:
Germany-based NAVIGON AG was founded in 1991 and is a leading supplier of satellite navigation products. In July 2011, the company was acquired by Garmin Ltd. and operates as a fully-owned subsidiary. The NAVIGON brand offers mobile navigation devices (PNDs), smartphone navigation applications, and solutions for the automotive OEM industry.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190,500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company consists of eight independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Semiconductor and LCD. Recognised as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, semiconductor chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit https://www.samsung.com.au
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit