Indilinx Everest-Based Thin Form Factor Solid State Drives Now Shipping in LG Ultra-Thin Notebooks
SAN JOSE, CA - Sept. 13, 2011 - Indilinx, a leading provider of solid state drive (SSD) processors and a subsidiary of OCZ Technology Group (Nasdaq:OCZ), today announced that OCZ Indilinx SSDs featuring the Everest Series SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) platform are shipping in LG Electronics' ultra-thin notebooks.
LG is now offering its ultra-thin series of notebooks with customized Indilinx Everest-based ultra-slim SSDs with "fast boot" technology to enable an industry-first, true instant-on functionality, while providing consumers a faster, more energy-efficient storage option than traditional mechanical hard disk drives (HDDs). As the market for notebook computers continues to evolve consumers increasingly demand improved performance, increased battery life and the "instant-on" functionality that only SSDs can provide.
At only 7.5mm in height, this custom developed solution is 25 percent slimmer than traditional 9.5mm 2.5-inch laptop hard drives and SSDs, enabling the new breed of LG premium ultra-thin laptops to support outer maximum z-height dimensions of less that 21mm, without sacrificing storage capacity, speed, or reliability.
LG is currently shipping its LGP220 Series with the custom designed ultra-slim Everest based SSD in 128GB capacities as standard equipment. Inspired by the design heritage of its predecessor, the iF Design award-winning LG P210, the new P220 Series features an ultra-thin design and an array of cutting-edge components for superior performance.
"We are pleased that LG Electronics chose our Everest-based solid state drives for their new ultra-thin notebooks starting with the premium P220, leveraging the benefits of our technology to provide customers a superior instant-on experience," said Bumsoo Kim, President of Indilinx. "Increased performance, enhanced reliability, and lower power consumption are key requirements that the Indilinx Everest-based SSDs effectively address, enabling PC manufacturers like LG to create slimmer, lighter, and faster solutions. The combination of Everest-based SSDs and LG's proprietary slim bezel and premium display technology provide customers with a new dimension in multimedia experience in an ultra-thin and compact notebook."
LG P220 Series notebooks with Everest-based solid state drive configurations began shipping in August in Korea with plans to expand availability into select global markets shortly.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam