LucidLogix demonstrated today for the first time at Intel Developer Forum 2011 (IDF) the injection of HyperFormance technology into its Virtu Universal GPU virtualization software for outstanding gaming responsiveness, visual quality and frame rates.
"Games are all about creating a suspension of disbelief and a more immersive overall lifelike experience," said Offir Remez, president and founder of Lucid. "HyperFormance technology provides a more responsive game interaction together with a clean visual image, making for a more pleasurable experience."
HyperFormance, found in the new model Virtu Universal MVP, boosts gaming responsiveness performance by intelligently reducing redundant rendering tasks in the flow between the CPU, GPU and the display. 3D games put the greatest demands on both the CPU and GPU. And as the race for higher performance on the PC and now in notebooks never ends, both CPUs and GPUs keep gaining performance. Despite more powerful microprocessors, display refresh rate remained fairly flat over the years, at 60-75Hz. The exception is found in 120Hz refresh rates for 3D stereo displays (used to produce 60 FPS for each eye). Lucid takes advantage of this disparity and eliminates redundant rendering tasks and predicts potential synchronization issues in the graphics delivery pipeline and intelligently removes and/or replaces them for better game control.
Called Virtu Universal MVP, the software includes the base features of Virtu Universal technology, which virtualizes integrated GPU and discrete GPU for best of breed functionality as well as features Virtual Vsync for no-compromise visual quality. With the added benefits of HyperFormance technology, Virtu Universal MVP improves game performance responsiveness in many ways:
Boosts responsiveness to the game at any frame rate
Improves gaming frame rates 30-70 percent
Increases Vsync frame rates- up to 120 FPS and beyond
Sharpens visual quality without tearing
Virtu Universal MVP is available to system platform manufacturers using Intel Sandy Bridge Z68/H67/H61, and other Intel integrated graphics, as well as many AMD processor-based PCs and notebooks. Virtu technology has been verified with hundreds of games and applications and can be found bundled with almost all of the world's Intel Z68 motherboards from the leading brands.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit