LucidLogix demonstrated today for the first time at Intel Developer Forum 2011 (IDF) the injection of HyperFormance technology into its Virtu Universal GPU virtualization software for outstanding gaming responsiveness, visual quality and frame rates.
"Games are all about creating a suspension of disbelief and a more immersive overall lifelike experience," said Offir Remez, president and founder of Lucid. "HyperFormance technology provides a more responsive game interaction together with a clean visual image, making for a more pleasurable experience."
HyperFormance, found in the new model Virtu Universal MVP, boosts gaming responsiveness performance by intelligently reducing redundant rendering tasks in the flow between the CPU, GPU and the display. 3D games put the greatest demands on both the CPU and GPU. And as the race for higher performance on the PC and now in notebooks never ends, both CPUs and GPUs keep gaining performance. Despite more powerful microprocessors, display refresh rate remained fairly flat over the years, at 60-75Hz. The exception is found in 120Hz refresh rates for 3D stereo displays (used to produce 60 FPS for each eye). Lucid takes advantage of this disparity and eliminates redundant rendering tasks and predicts potential synchronization issues in the graphics delivery pipeline and intelligently removes and/or replaces them for better game control.
Called Virtu Universal MVP, the software includes the base features of Virtu Universal technology, which virtualizes integrated GPU and discrete GPU for best of breed functionality as well as features Virtual Vsync for no-compromise visual quality. With the added benefits of HyperFormance technology, Virtu Universal MVP improves game performance responsiveness in many ways:
Boosts responsiveness to the game at any frame rate
Improves gaming frame rates 30-70 percent
Increases Vsync frame rates- up to 120 FPS and beyond
Sharpens visual quality without tearing
Virtu Universal MVP is available to system platform manufacturers using Intel Sandy Bridge Z68/H67/H61, and other Intel integrated graphics, as well as many AMD processor-based PCs and notebooks. Virtu technology has been verified with hundreds of games and applications and can be found bundled with almost all of the world's Intel Z68 motherboards from the leading brands.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series