LucidLogix demonstrated today for the first time at Intel Developer Forum 2011 (IDF) the injection of HyperFormance technology into its Virtu Universal GPU virtualization software for outstanding gaming responsiveness, visual quality and frame rates.
"Games are all about creating a suspension of disbelief and a more immersive overall lifelike experience," said Offir Remez, president and founder of Lucid. "HyperFormance technology provides a more responsive game interaction together with a clean visual image, making for a more pleasurable experience."
HyperFormance, found in the new model Virtu Universal MVP, boosts gaming responsiveness performance by intelligently reducing redundant rendering tasks in the flow between the CPU, GPU and the display. 3D games put the greatest demands on both the CPU and GPU. And as the race for higher performance on the PC and now in notebooks never ends, both CPUs and GPUs keep gaining performance. Despite more powerful microprocessors, display refresh rate remained fairly flat over the years, at 60-75Hz. The exception is found in 120Hz refresh rates for 3D stereo displays (used to produce 60 FPS for each eye). Lucid takes advantage of this disparity and eliminates redundant rendering tasks and predicts potential synchronization issues in the graphics delivery pipeline and intelligently removes and/or replaces them for better game control.
Called Virtu Universal MVP, the software includes the base features of Virtu Universal technology, which virtualizes integrated GPU and discrete GPU for best of breed functionality as well as features Virtual Vsync for no-compromise visual quality. With the added benefits of HyperFormance technology, Virtu Universal MVP improves game performance responsiveness in many ways:
Boosts responsiveness to the game at any frame rate
Improves gaming frame rates 30-70 percent
Increases Vsync frame rates- up to 120 FPS and beyond
Sharpens visual quality without tearing
Virtu Universal MVP is available to system platform manufacturers using Intel Sandy Bridge Z68/H67/H61, and other Intel integrated graphics, as well as many AMD processor-based PCs and notebooks. Virtu technology has been verified with hundreds of games and applications and can be found bundled with almost all of the world's Intel Z68 motherboards from the leading brands.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam