Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of small form factor SSDs and DOMs, today announced a new line of SaberTooth M1 mini SATA (mSATA) SSD drives for notebook upgrades that deliver transfer speeds up to 160 MB/sec, write speeds of up to 80 MB/sec, and are fully compliant with the JEDEC MO-300B mSATA specification.
mSATA is a new JEDEC standard for small form factor SSDs based on the ubiquitous SATA-II, 3Gbps interface. Measuring only 2.0 x 1.2 inches (51 x 30 mm) mSATA SSDs are extremely small and lightweight. This very small and low cost package is perfectly suited for netbooks, notebooks and other ultra mobile computing devices. mSATA drives use an existing mini PCIe connector, but with a modified SATA pinout.
Best of all, there is no tradeoff in performance -- mSATA SSDs deliver extremely fast data transfer speeds. "As a recognized leader in small form factor SSDs, we're fully committed to the mSATA standard," commented Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson. "Whenever there's a breakthrough in technology like this that enables smaller and faster SSDs, AMP is on the spot with a line of products that leverage that technology, offering consumers an excellent new upgrade option. mSATA SSDs deliver excellent performance in a compact size, but also boast superior resistance to shock and vibration, so they are a superb storage medium for mobile computing."
The Sabertooth M1 mSATA SSD employs the JMF605 SATA controller and NAND Flash to achieve sequential read speeds up to 160 MB/sec and write speeds of up to 80 MB/s. It is available now through Amazon and directly from ActiveMP.com in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities starting at $75 retail. For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit