Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of small form factor SSDs and DOMs, today announced a new line of SaberTooth M1 mini SATA (mSATA) SSD drives for notebook upgrades that deliver transfer speeds up to 160 MB/sec, write speeds of up to 80 MB/sec, and are fully compliant with the JEDEC MO-300B mSATA specification.
mSATA is a new JEDEC standard for small form factor SSDs based on the ubiquitous SATA-II, 3Gbps interface. Measuring only 2.0 x 1.2 inches (51 x 30 mm) mSATA SSDs are extremely small and lightweight. This very small and low cost package is perfectly suited for netbooks, notebooks and other ultra mobile computing devices. mSATA drives use an existing mini PCIe connector, but with a modified SATA pinout.
Best of all, there is no tradeoff in performance -- mSATA SSDs deliver extremely fast data transfer speeds. "As a recognized leader in small form factor SSDs, we're fully committed to the mSATA standard," commented Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson. "Whenever there's a breakthrough in technology like this that enables smaller and faster SSDs, AMP is on the spot with a line of products that leverage that technology, offering consumers an excellent new upgrade option. mSATA SSDs deliver excellent performance in a compact size, but also boast superior resistance to shock and vibration, so they are a superb storage medium for mobile computing."
The Sabertooth M1 mSATA SSD employs the JMF605 SATA controller and NAND Flash to achieve sequential read speeds up to 160 MB/sec and write speeds of up to 80 MB/s. It is available now through Amazon and directly from ActiveMP.com in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities starting at $75 retail. For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- Stunlock Studios releases Battlerite Royale gameplay trailer
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA