64GB SaberTooth Z Provides Higher Capacity, Performance in Smaller Form Factor
Fremont, California - August 23, 2011- Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and DOMs, today began shipping a 64GB mini 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSD that measures only 2.1 x 1.3" (54 x 32 mm) and is ideal for upgrading many popular laptops including the HP Mini 1000. This new SSD delivers transfer speeds up to 80MB/sec, which is substantially faster than most 1.8" PATA hard disk drives (HDDs), yet it is much smaller and lighter than an HDD.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson stated, "We're pleased to finally offer the SaberTooth Z in a 64GB capacity. We've had so many requests from our upgrade customers for this product. This advancement demonstrates AMP's continued commitment to developing ever faster, more capacious solid state storage solutions." The SaberTooth Z accommodates a wide range of ZIF cable thicknesses that includes standard Toshiba and Hitachi cables, and it is 100% compatible with 40-pin ZIF HDDs. AMP sells the drive alone, or an upgrade kit that includes a mini screwdriver and a USB-ZIF cloning adapter to facilitate upgrades. The cloning adapter allows users to clone the contents of their existing HDD onto the SaberTooth Z without the need to reinstall all the applications.
Both products are available now on Amazon.com or directly on ActiveMP.com.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit