- New Force Series 3 and Force Series GT SSD models offer optimal price/capacity combinations -
FREMONT, California - August 18th, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced worldwide retail availability of Force Series 3 and Force Series GT SSDs in 90GB configurations.
Corsair Force Series 3 high-performance SSD upgrades have native support for SATA 6Gb/s, with a maximum sequential read speed of 550MB/s and a maximum sequential write speed of 500 MB/s. The Force Series 3 uses asynchronous flash memory to provide the industry's best 90GB SSD performance value. Force Series GT, designed for enthusiasts who demand the fastest performance available, uses ONFI synchronous flash memory and boasts read speeds of up to 555 MB/s and write speeds of up to 505 MB/s. The use of synchronous flash memory makes the Force Series GT SSD particularly adept at reading and writing non-compressible data, such as video and music files.
All Force Series 3 and Force Series GT SSD models are also backward compatible with SATA 2, and include an easy-to-use 3.5" adapter for use in both notebook and desktop PCs.
"We're happy to add the world's first 90GB SSD to our product lineup," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "With 50% more storage capacity than our 60GB models and at pricing significantly lower than our 120GB models, they help make the Force Series 3 and Force Series GT among the most robust and flexible SSD lines on the market."
Images can be downloaded here.
The 90GB SSD configurations are available from authorized distributors and retailers worldwide at a US suggested retail price of $159 USD for the Force Series 3 90GB and $199 USD for the Force Series GT 90GB. Note that stated capacities are unformatted and actual capacities will vary depending on the formatting and operating system used. For more information on Force Series 3 and Force Series GT 90GB SSD models please visit:
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR3 memory upgrades, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC speakers, gaming headsets, CPU cooling products, and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard