ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today announced the first shipments of its highly anticipated S511 solid state drive (SSD). ADATA is hardly a newcomer to the SSD field; however the S511 is the company's first foray into the latest SATA 6 Gb/sec specification that employs the SandForce SF-2200 series controller. The timing of this release is consistent with the company's historical balance of speed and thorough testing of new technologies.
According to YJ Choi, Senior Vice President at ADATA. "ADATA does comprehensive testing and review before bringing products to market, to ensure that our customers enjoy a worry-free experience for their systems and data. We are confident that the S511 will provide dependable performance at industry-leading transfer speeds."
The S511 utilizes the new generation SandForce SF-2200 series chip, with native support for the SATA 6Gb/s platform. Extensive internal testing has confirmed read and write speeds twice that of SSDs using the older SATA II specification, with all hardware and firmware elements working flawlessly. In simulation trials, the S511 reached 550/520MB read and write speeds respectively, with 4K random write speeds as high as 60,000 IOPS.
The S511 is available in 60, 120, 240, and 480 gigabyte capacities.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo called out on cheap Switch controllers
- Transfer data from phones using dr.fone Switch, here's how
- New Switch refresh has 9 hours battery life, same specs
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access