Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH, the European subsidiary of Shuttle Inc., one of the leading developers and manufacturers of compact PC solutions such as the world-renowned XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today announces the launch of the first model of a new product line. With a volume of approximately 3 litres, the compact XG41 fills a gap in the company's product range. It offers significantly more performance than a nettop, while taking up much less space compared to the typical Shuttle shoebox format.
The XG41, measuring 24.2 x 20 x 7.3 cm (DWH), sports HDMI and DVI-I, two Gigabit network interfaces, 6x USB, 2x COM (RS-232 + RS-232/422/485), S/PDIF and audio ports at the front and rear. The mainboard also offers 1x Mini-PCIe and 3x SATA 3 Gbit/s. This means that up to three drives can be accommodated in the case (3x 2.5" HDD or 1x Slimline ODD and 2x 2.5" HDD).
In terms of computing performance the XG41 matches that of its conventional equivalents. Its CPU LGA775 socket allows the use of Intel Core 2 processors (up to 65 W TDP). In addition, the two memory slots on the mainboard can be fitted with a total of 8 GB DDR3 RAM.
A heatpipe cooling system with large, regulated dual-fan ensures whisper-quiet operation. An external, fanless 90 W power supply unit provides the necessary power for reliable operation.
According to "The new model is ideal for versatile applications in different fields of use, for example as a powerful workstation PC, for HD playback at home or in the areas of automation and control," states Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
"With its two network cards it easily becomes the heart of your network," he adds.
A short product video shows 360 views of the machine and allows you to see its inner workings:
The recommended retail price of the Shuttle XG41 Barebone is EUR 159.00 (ex VAT). For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media