Panasonic Toughbook today announced its plans to deliver an enterprise-grade Android tablet to the market. The new Toughbook tablet will address a gap in the market for a rugged enterprise tablet designed with security, functionality and real-world reliability in mind. By delivering this purpose-built business solution, the new Toughbook tablet will appeal to a wide variety of users, including mission critical government personnel, highly mobile field forces, SMB's looking for a competitive edge, security conscious IT managers and bottom-line focused CFOs.
From a functionality standpoint, the Toughbook tablet will avoid the typical glossy screens-found on current tablet offerings-that are all but unreadable in outdoor environments. The Toughbook tablet will include a high brightness, daylight viewable screen so that mobile workers, in markets like field service, home healthcare and public safety, can easily see critical data and operate the device regardless of lighting conditions. The new tablet will also include an active stylus, allowing mobile workers in sales, customer service and mobile point-of-sale environments to capture signatures on the device's 10.1" XGA multi-touch display.
Enterprise-class mobile computing requires a heightened level of device security that is not currently available in today's tablet market. To address this need, the new Toughbook tablet is being designed with security embedded at the hardware level.
The Toughbook brand is widely known for its reliability and durability, even in extreme operating environments. The new Toughbook tablet will be no exception, offering durability and ingress protection consistent with its other fully-rugged devices.
Other features to be offered on the Toughbook tablet include satellite-based GPS, full-shift battery life, professional-grade accessories and optional embedded 3G mobile broadband connectivity.
Combined with mobile broadband connectivity, the Android-based Toughbook tablet will offer quick access to applications and data that could significantly improve a field worker's ability to make critical decisions that enhance customer service, improve response times and deliver results.
Latest News Posts
- Switch beats Xbox One/PS4 sales from: March 2017-Nov 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 3 million units sold in 11 days
- Analyst: Cyberpunk 2077 out in Q4 2019, will sell 19m copies
- HBM standard updated: 24GB per stack, 96GB HBM2 per card
- PUBG mobile: 200m downloads, 30m daily active users
- MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z390 Taichi Ultimate stuck on Error Code 55
- Z77, using sound card and onboard sound
- QSAN XN8008T NAS Review
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- AdMaster: 79% of China advertisers to increase digital marketing spend in 2019
- Safety Laser Scanner Market Worth $406 Million by 2023 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Archer Ascension Now Available in Black Desert Online SEA
- Back to Ubersreik DLC is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Ark: Survival Evolved Transformed Into A Winter Wonderland With The Arrival Of Raptor Claus