Sony today debuted a new, artfully-crafted collection of its affordably-priced line of VAIO E Series notebooks. The E Series 14-inch and 15.5-inch notebooks are available in four stunning colors- midnight blue, glacier white, charcoal black and blush pink - while the 17.3-inch model comes in charcoal black and glacier white. Geometric patterns appear on the lids, and on matching palm rests, and all the colors are fingerprint-resistant to help keep the models looking brand new while users stay connected and entertained.
"The VAIO brand stands for excellent quality and standout design," said Mike Lucas, senior vice president of Networked Technology and Services Division at Sony Electronics. "The new E Series delivers both, plus entertainment and connectivity options, at a price the everyday user can afford."
On top of its great looks, the E Series' textured, dimpled touchpad, edge-to-edge isolated keyboard featuring an integrated number pad (15.5- and 17.3-inch models only), and three unique hardware buttons: WEB, VAIO and ASSIST provide a great user experience.
The WEB button provides a one-touch Internet connection without a full boot into Windows® while the VAIO button launches Media Gallery software, Sony's intelligent playback software. The ASSIST button opens VAIO Care, a built-in troubleshooting and maintenance program.
Entertainment options abound in the new E Series. With the integration of Intel Wireless Display technology (select models), users can easily enjoy online and laptop-stored content like videos, photos, online TV shows and movies on their big screen TV (with an adapter, sold separately) with up to 1080p resolution. Also available on select models are Remote Keyboard, which connects the VAIO PC to a BRAVIA TV and a Blu-ray Disc players (select models). Also available is Remote Play for PS3, which allows access to content stored on the PlayStaton 3 over the internet.
Entertainment features available on all models include an LED backlit LCD screen for better clarity, detail, and crisp colors, an HDMI output (cable sold separately) for a wired connection to an HDTV set, and a built-in microphone and web camera with face-tracking technology for crystal-clear video chats.
Processor options in E Series include a 2nd generation Intel® Core i3 or i5 processor with Intel Hyper-Threading and Turbo Boost technology 2.0, delivering the performance needed for multitasking. An AMD E-350 Dual Core Processor with AMD Mobility Radeon HD6130 Graphics Vision Technology for advanced graphics and beautiful detail also powers a 15.5-inch E Series notebook which is available in charcoal black.
Pricing and Availability
The VAIO E Series notebook will retail starting at about $550. It is available for pre-order starting June 19 online at http://www.sony.com/eseries. It will also be sold at Sony Stores and at other major retailers around the country starting next month.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit