In light of their newly announced partnership, Matrox Graphics and Trenton are currently working together to engineer a validated system capable of supporting multiple SMD-2 cards within a single chassis, to be available later in the year. SMD-2 is fully integrated with the Matrox PPX Series and will be compatible with the Mura MPX Series later in the summer. With its capacity to cost-effectively support large-scale, high-density IP stream decoding, the Matrox SMD-2 is ideal for use in security surveillance, public security, and critical infrastructure sectors.
Matrox SMD-2 Key Features:
- High-density solution reduces equipment, space, and energy costs per video stream
- Decode up to 128 D1 or 16 HD 1080 streams simultaneously using 8 SMD-2 cards in a single chassis
- Increase your stream count with multiple rack-mount enclosures for larger scale projects
- Compatible with a large range of IP video devices
- Supports RTP, RTSP, TCP, UDP and IP network protocols including Unicast and Multicast
- Universal IP decoding for common codec formats (H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG, etc.)
- Two 10/100/1000Mbit Base-T Ethernet ports for separate networks or redundancy
- Manipulate, Scale, and Position individual IP streams on a video wall through tight integration with Matrox display wall controller boards
The Matrox SMD-2 is currently available for use with Matrox PPX Series display wall controller boards. Development kits for SMD-2 with Matrox Mura MPX Series will be available late summer 2011, with general availability in fall 2011.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:04 pm CDT