TORRANCE, Calif. -May 31, 2011-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today from COMPUTEX Taipei announces the availability of the first to market 450Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Router, model TEW-692GR.
This is the first router to offer full 450 Mbps speeds on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless bands concurrently-for a total throughput of 900 Mbps. A popular Dual Band network configuration is to assign the low interference 5 GHz band to media center devices, and the more popular 2.4 GHz band to computers and peripherals that are typically only able to connect using the 2.4 GHz frequency.
Gigabit Ethernet ports maintain high performance wired connections. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. Gone are the days of entering complicated encryption codes; simply press the WPS button on the TEW-692GR, and then press the WPS button on a compatible wireless adapter-the devices automatically exchange information and connect over a secure encrypted wireless signal. WMM technology further prioritizes video and audio packets.
"All other '450' Dual Band routers on the market today only support 300 Mbps speeds on the 2.4 GHz band," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "TRENDnet continues to be the choice when building premium performance networks."
The 450Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Router, model TEW-692GR, comes with a three year limited warranty and will be available from all online and retail partners before the end of June.
The MSRP for the TEW-692GR is U.S. $249.99.
Product images available here: http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=1476
Product Video available here: http://www.trendnettv.com/watch.asp?category=7
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit https://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- Halo devs: PC community is very important to us
- Modded Halo Online PC project under fire by Microsoft
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit