The RamSan-70 "Gorilla" is a high-performance, half-length PCIe card with 900 GB of usable SLC Flash capacity. Delivering 330K IOPS and 2 GB/s of bandwidth, it offers higher performance and greater capacity than any other half-length SLC Flash PCIe card.
Texas Memory Systems, Inc. (TMS), maker of The World's Fastest Storage, introduces the new high-performance RamSan-70, a 900-GB half-length PCIe card featuring Toshiba's newest 32nm SLC Flash. The RamSan-70 carries on Texas Memory Systems' tradition of delivering a complete integrated RamSan storage solution on a single board.
The RamSan-70 is the first product powered by Texas Memory Systems' new Series-7 Flash Controller. Based on high-performance Xilinx FPGAs and a PowerPC processor, the Series-7 Flash Controller handles all Flash management functions without impacting the host CPU. It incorporates patented Texas Memory Systems reliability technology, yielding an expected lifespan of 6-10 years. Its proprietary enterprise-level reliability features include chip-level RAID and an advanced ECC algorithm, correcting more errors than required by the manufacturer.
The Series-7 Flash Controller is field-upgradable, ensuring that Texas Memory Systems customers will always have the best performance and latest features. The Series-7 Flash Controller, combined with Toshiba 32nm SLC Flash, provides the enterprise-level performance and reliability customers expect from The World's Best Flash Storage.
"IT managers are always looking for ways to increase I/O performance, reduce latency, and improve overall system efficiency," said Jeff Janukowicz, Research Manager for Solid State Storage Technology at IDC. "A PCIe Flash SSD, such as Texas Memory Systems' RamSan-70, can solve many of these issues for IT managers and delivers a cost-effective solution for most demanding enterprise applications."
Designed specifically for the OEM market, the RamSan-70 is the ideal in-server storage solution for data warehousing, enterprise resource planning (ERP), sophisticated data acquisition, scientific computing, and web content.
"The RamSan-70 establishes new capacity and performance standards for direct-attached storage customers," said Dan Scheel, President of Texas Memory Systems. "With this next generation of PCIe SSD innovation, we will continue engineering The World's Fastest Storage for the full spectrum of customers."
The RamSan-70 is scheduled for initial delivery in 4-8 weeks. For more information about the Gorilla, swing by http://RamSan.com/Gorilla.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit