Wi-Fi Version Available in China on May 6
CUPERTINO, California-April 27, 2011-Apple® today announced that iPad® 2, the second-generation of its breakthrough post-PC device, will arrive in Japan on Thursday, April 28 and Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and eight additional countries on Friday, April 29. iPad 2 will be available at Apple retail stores at 9 a.m. local time, select Apple Authorized Resellers, and online through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com) beginning at 1 a.m. Additionally, iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China beginning Friday, May 6.
iPad 2 features an entirely new design that is 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter than the original iPad, while maintaining the same stunning 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen. iPad 2 features Apple's new dual-core A5 processor for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics and now includes two cameras, a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime® and Photo Booth®, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video, bringing the innovative FaceTime feature to iPad users for the first time. Though it is thinner, lighter, faster and packed with new features, iPad 2 still delivers up to 10 hours of battery life* that users have come to expect.
Pricing & Availability
iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in Japan on April 28 and Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE on April 29 for a suggested retail price of $499 (US) for the 16GB model, $599 (US) for the 32GB model and $699 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G will be available for a suggested retail price of $629 (US) for the 16GB model, $729 (US) for the 32GB model and $829 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China on May 6, and further international availability will be announced at a later date.
iMovie® and GarageBand® for iPad apps are available for $4.99 (US) each from the App Store℠ on iPad or http://www.itunes.com/appstore - The Smart Cover is available in a range of colors in vibrant polyurethane for $39 (US) or rich leather for $69 (US).
*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.
Latest News Posts
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card