Wi-Fi Version Available in China on May 6
CUPERTINO, California-April 27, 2011-Apple® today announced that iPad® 2, the second-generation of its breakthrough post-PC device, will arrive in Japan on Thursday, April 28 and Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore and eight additional countries on Friday, April 29. iPad 2 will be available at Apple retail stores at 9 a.m. local time, select Apple Authorized Resellers, and online through the Apple Store® (www.apple.com) beginning at 1 a.m. Additionally, iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China beginning Friday, May 6.
iPad 2 features an entirely new design that is 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter than the original iPad, while maintaining the same stunning 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen. iPad 2 features Apple's new dual-core A5 processor for blazing fast performance and stunning graphics and now includes two cameras, a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime® and Photo Booth®, and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video, bringing the innovative FaceTime feature to iPad users for the first time. Though it is thinner, lighter, faster and packed with new features, iPad 2 still delivers up to 10 hours of battery life* that users have come to expect.
Pricing & Availability
iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in Japan on April 28 and Hong Kong, India, Israel, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey and UAE on April 29 for a suggested retail price of $499 (US) for the 16GB model, $599 (US) for the 32GB model and $699 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G will be available for a suggested retail price of $629 (US) for the 16GB model, $729 (US) for the 32GB model and $829 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad 2 with Wi-Fi will be available in China on May 6, and further international availability will be announced at a later date.
iMovie® and GarageBand® for iPad apps are available for $4.99 (US) each from the App Store℠ on iPad or http://www.itunes.com/appstore - The Smart Cover is available in a range of colors in vibrant polyurethane for $39 (US) or rich leather for $69 (US).
*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.
Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure