MSI expands partnership with Boston-based nonprofit Smallbean to help bridge technology gap with donation of notebooks for self sustaining PC labs in Tanzania
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - April 14, 2011 - MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced that it is now shipping its X370 notebook. This 13.4" notebook is powered by the efficient AMD Dual-Core E-350 APU platform, which helps this unit achieve up to ten hours of battery life and at the same time delivers exceptional graphics performance.
From the svelte design of this 3.1 pound unit, the MSI X370 notebook delivers a fully immersive HD multimedia entertainment experience powered by AMD Radeon HD 6310 Discrete-Class graphics with Microsoft® DirectX® 11 support. Additionally, the notebook's power saving LED backlit display provides bright color and enhances the overall picture quality while extending battery life.
With the launch of the X370, MSI is also expanding its support for Smallbean, a Boston-based non-profit that helps cross the digital divide by bringing technology to the developing world. By donating ten X-Series notebooks to their effort, MSI is supporting the creation of an innovative educational and cultural hub in a rural community in Tanzania. The Smallbean ESCARGO prototype computer lab will be self-sufficient: it will generate revenue to support its operation through the rental of battery units to the community powered by excess solar capacity from solar panels on its own roof.
"The solar power captured on the roof of our computer lab in Tanzania charges the notebooks and provides clean, renewable energy for the village," commented Sean Hewens, founder and executive director of Smallbean. "The MSI X370 is the perfect design for our use in areas where energy is scarce. You can't use just any notebook in these conditions. This project is coming to life because of the functionality that MSI created in its X Series notebooks."
"We designed the X370 for those who want a fully functioning notebook in a compact form, with long battery life," noted Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI US. "Most of us think of battery life in terms of convenience: time away from our office or power cord. It's innovators like Smallbean that remind us that longer battery life also means using less power, which is what truly makes a difference in rural areas, and around the world."
Specs for the X370 X-Slim notebook (MSRP $599.99) can be found here: http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=4&id=293, and the unit is available for purchase on Newegg.com and Amazon.com. For more information, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/.
Founded in 1986, MSI manufactures and markets a wide array of consumer electronic products, from Notebook PC, All-in-One PC, to a variety of components including IPC, Server, Motherboard and Graphics Card. The company runs operations worldwide and employs approximately 14,000 people. MSI's North American operating subsidiary is based in City of Industry, Calif.
MSI's corporate commitment to innovation and style - as it relates to both technology and design, and as it's applied to both components and the final computing device - supports its mission to meet the needs of consumers worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- New Dragon Ball Z action RPG in development
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!