Vizrt certifies AMD professional graphics solutions for Viz Engine 3.5
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -4/11/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that the ATI FirePro V9800 professional graphics card was certified for Vizrt's beta release of the Viz Engine 3.5 rendering solution. Viz Engine, which is one of today's most powerful tools for rendering animated 2D and 3D scenes in realtime, powers the Vizrt Viz Video Wall ER solution commonly used by leading broadcasters worldwide.
Certification of AMD's latest ATI FirePro V9800 professional graphics card for the Viz Engine 3.5 display solution offers unparalleled productivity innovation with 4GB memory capacity, 1600 stream processors and AMD Eyefinity support for up to six independent displays from a single graphics card1. Coupled with Viz Engine 3.5, the AMD solution provides broadcasters a highly flexible set of tools and an ideal creative run-time environment to render animated 2D and 3D content in realtime on the Viz Video Wall ER or other touch-screen devices.
Previously certified AMD graphics for the Viz Engine include ATI FirePro V8800, ATI FirePro V8750 and ATI FirePro S400 professional graphics solutions. The ATI FirePro S400 synchronization module enables graphics cards to be synchronized to external sources (genlock) as well as synchronization of multiple graphics cards in different systems for 3D rendering (framelock).
"The growing demand for realtime reporting has raised the bar when it comes to what viewers expect - rich, graphical and interactive video displays with virtually no delay," said Janet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. "And the demand for high-powered graphics rendering doesn't stop at displaying the news. AMD professional graphics and Vizrt solutions also deliver a powerful combination to support imaging applications for healthcare, interactive entertainment and education."
"At Vizrt, we understand the critical need for flexibility and performance when it comes to broadcasting, and we aim to enable highly reliable rendering of stunning visual content without delay," said Christian Huber, executive vice president, IT and Logistics, Vizrt. "The selection of workstations powered by an array of high-performance professional graphics solutions from AMD to drive Viz Engine 3.5 delivers a complete package for outstanding HD content rendering at an exceptional value."
During the NAB Showin Las Vegas, AMD's professional graphics cards will power graphics display walls and touch screen demonstrations in the Vizrt booth (SL5408) and in Barco's booth (SL2820).
Graphics solutions from AMD previously certified for the Viz Engine, including ATI FirePro V8800 and ATI FirePro S400 professional graphics cards, are available in systems today from leading OEMs including Dell and HP.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower