Synology┬« Launches RackStation RS2211+ and RS2211RP+ NAS Servers
High-Performance, Scalable up to 22-bay with RX1211/RX1211RP, Full-featured, and Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager 3.1
Taipei, Taiwan-March 29, 2011-Synology┬« Inc. today launched RackStation RS2211+ and RS2211RP+, 2U 10-bay rack mount NAS servers offering high-performance and rich business features to fulfill the rigorous demands of business users. Their expansion units, Synology RX1211 and RX1211RP, seamlessly scale up the storage space to 22 hard drives via InfiniBand cable that offers up to 12Gb/sec speedy throughput.
"The new RS2211+/RS2211RP+ made Synology's data management solution even more speedy, scalable, and reliable," said Rosiel Lee, product manager of Synology Inc. "The pay-as-you-grow design makes the solution within reach even for SMB market."
When the storage capacity of the RS2211+/RS2211RP+ come to limit, the RX1211/RX1211RP expand the total capacity to 66TB with 3TB hard drives. The RackStations and expansion units are connected by a custom-designed InfiniBand cable that offers high-bandwidth connectivity and reliable connection. In addition, the RS2211+/RS2211RP+ come with default 1GB RAM that can be upgraded to 3GB to enhance efficiency.
Businesses need fast and reliable access to critical data. Synology RS2211+/RS2211RP+ reach an average 198MB/sec reading and 166MB/sec writing under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows┬« environment, with link aggregation enabled. The two LAN with failover support and hot-swappable drives ensure continual service uptime. To further assure uninterrupted services, the RS2211RP+ and RX1211RP come with redundant power supplies.
Running on a 1.8GHz dual-core processor, the RS2211+/RS2211RP+ consume only 115.5W during operation and 49.5W in hibernation, which is contributed by CPU underclocking and HDD suspension. The RX1211/RX1211RP even save up to 90% of power consumption when they enter deep sleep mode. Their reliability is solidified by Synology's 3-year limited warranty.
With comprehensive iSCSI support, the RS2211+/RS2211RP+ provide a seamless storage solution for major virtualization servers, including VMware┬« vSphere┬Ö, Citrix┬« XenServer┬Ö and Microsoft┬« Hyper-V┬Ö. In addition, the RS2211+/RS2211RP+ fit in business environment easily with Windows ADS and ACL support.
The RS2211+/RS2211RP+ are powered by DiskStation Manager 3.1 (DSM 3.1), the operating system of every Synology DiskStation. DSM makes complicated things simple and hard things possible by providing versatile features on a snappy, intuitive, and multitasking web-based user interface. Synology have received numerous global recognitions. CNET and PCMag.com each awarded the same series DS1511+ an Editors' Choice.
Visit http://www.synology.com/enu/products/RS2211+/index.php for more product information.
The Synology RS2211+, RS2211RP+, RX1211 and RX1211RP are now shipping globally.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!