QNAP Equips New Business Series Turbo NAS Lineup with Powerful IntelÂ® AtomÂ™ CPUs, USB 3.0, and Support for SATA 6Gb/s Drives
New TS-x59 Pro II Series of Turbo NAS Servers are The Fastest, Most Expandable NAS Servers Available, Delivering the High-end Performance Demanded by SMB and Corporate Customers
Taipei, Taiwan, March 2011 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world-class NAS servers, NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Network-based Media Players today announced expansion of their popular Business Series lineup of Turbo NAS servers, to include the new TS-x59 Pro II series: the 4-drive TS-459 Pro II, the 5-drive TS-559 Pro II, and the 6-drive TS-659 Pro II. The TS-x59 Pro II lineup sports the powerful yet energy-efficient dual-core IntelÂ® AtomÂ™ D525 1.8GHz processor along with 1GB of DDRIII RAM (expandable to 3GB). In addition to powerful processors, the new models are the first in the industry to support SATA 6Gb/s hard drives. Also new is USB 3.0 support, ensuring internal and external hard drives deliver the highest performance possible.
The new models ship with new V3.4 of QNAP's renowned NAS management software, supporting all-in-one server applications such as file sharing, FTP server, printer sharing (LAN and Internet), web server, and even video surveillance. Other advanced features include backup to cloud storage including real-time synchronization of any changed files stored on the NAS to the cloud with versioning control, Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) for disaster recovery and ease of content delivery among HQ and branches, advanced access right control for ease of management, and so on. All of these powerful features are conveniently compacted into a small machine, which can be easily deployed and quietly operate in a typical office environment, even without a server room. These brand new business series NAS models are an ideal solution for high performance, cross-platform file sharing, and the most comprehensive iSCSI/IP-SAN storage solution available for virtualization environment.
"The new TS-x59 Pro II lineup of Turbo NAS servers is the perfect blend of performance and capabilities," said Laurent Cheng, Product Manager for QNAP Systems, Inc. "With class-leading performance and a broad range of business application support, QNAP satisfies the insatiable demand from SMB and Corporate users for high performance networked storage."
The TS-x59 Pro II family supports up to 18TB of networked storage (using 3TB drives in TS-659 Pro II), features hot-swappable drives, RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6, 5+ hot spare, 6+ hot spare, 10+ hot spare (note: TS-459 Pro II does not support all mentioned RAID levels) or JBOD, online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration for data redundancy, dual Gigabit LAN ports with failover and load-balancing. The TS-x59 Pro II family also features 6 USB ports (1 USB 3.0 front and back panel, and 4 USB 2.0 ports on back panel) and 2 e-SATA ports for expanding the storage capacity or backing up the NAS. The TS-x59 Pro II models are also ideal for virtualized environments, being fully VMware-ready, Citrix-ready, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V clusters compliant with the most comprehensive iSCSI support, including thin provisioning, MC/S, and MPIO capabilities.
Price and Availability
The new TS-x59 Pro II family will be available beginning in April from popular resellers, distributors, and e-tailers globally.
For more information on the new TS-x59 Pro II Turbo NAS models please visit https://www.qnap.com
TS-459 Pro II: http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=165
TS-559 Pro II: http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=166
TS-659 Pro II: http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=167
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit