Samsung Unveils Slim External 3-D Blu-ray Combo Drive for PC Market
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, announced today its new slim external 3-D Blu-ray combo, the SE-406A optical disk drive (ODD).
Featuring a sleek design with an anti-fingerprint surface, the SE-406A adds Blu-ray 3D to PC's. The new drive includes CyberLink TrueTheater software to test PC readiness for 3D and Blu-ray content. It also transforms 2D DVD movies into a thrilling 3D experience. Beyond these features, the SE-406A reads Blu-ray discs and reads and writes CD/DVDs.
"With a compact footprint for easy portability, the new external 3D Blu-ray ODD is USB powered to eliminate electrical outlet requirements while enabling ultra fast data loading speeds versus previous models to quickly access video, audio and photo files," said Jim Elliott, vice president, memory marketing, Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. "As an eco-friendly product, the drive offers low-power consumption and is manufactured with lead-free soldering technology, which is compliant with international environmental regulations that limit the use of hazardous materials."
The SE-406A drive is engineered to be compatible with all major operating systems, including Win7 and Mac OS. In addition, the drive writer features Buffer Under Run technology to prevent errors that may result from writing speeds that exceed data transfer speeds, while also enabling PC multi-tasking.
The external drive provides a variety of speeds across different data media types including: 6X BD-R, 4X BD-R Dual Layer, 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD±R recording, 8X DVD-RAM recording, 6X DVD+R Dual Layer recording, 6X DVD-R Dual Layer recording, 8X DVD+RW recording and 6X DVD-RW recording.
The SE-406A will be available in April at online retail outlets with a MSRP starting at US$150.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor