Samsung Unveils Slim External 3-D Blu-ray Combo Drive for PC Market
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, announced today its new slim external 3-D Blu-ray combo, the SE-406A optical disk drive (ODD).
Featuring a sleek design with an anti-fingerprint surface, the SE-406A adds Blu-ray 3D to PC's. The new drive includes CyberLink TrueTheater software to test PC readiness for 3D and Blu-ray content. It also transforms 2D DVD movies into a thrilling 3D experience. Beyond these features, the SE-406A reads Blu-ray discs and reads and writes CD/DVDs.
"With a compact footprint for easy portability, the new external 3D Blu-ray ODD is USB powered to eliminate electrical outlet requirements while enabling ultra fast data loading speeds versus previous models to quickly access video, audio and photo files," said Jim Elliott, vice president, memory marketing, Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. "As an eco-friendly product, the drive offers low-power consumption and is manufactured with lead-free soldering technology, which is compliant with international environmental regulations that limit the use of hazardous materials."
The SE-406A drive is engineered to be compatible with all major operating systems, including Win7 and Mac OS. In addition, the drive writer features Buffer Under Run technology to prevent errors that may result from writing speeds that exceed data transfer speeds, while also enabling PC multi-tasking.
The external drive provides a variety of speeds across different data media types including: 6X BD-R, 4X BD-R Dual Layer, 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD±R recording, 8X DVD-RAM recording, 6X DVD+R Dual Layer recording, 6X DVD-R Dual Layer recording, 8X DVD+RW recording and 6X DVD-RW recording.
The SE-406A will be available in April at online retail outlets with a MSRP starting at US$150.
Latest News Posts
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- System Shock reboot on 'hiatus' after raising $1.35 million
- DOOM-like 3D engine made out of MS excel formulas
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit