QNAP Unveils New Entry-level 4-drive Rack-mounted NAS Server for Workgroup and SMB Customers
New 1U Rack-mounted Model Features Energy-efficient Marvell 1.2GHz CPU and 256MB of DDRII Memory, Delivering High Performance Networked Storage Coupled with a Broad Range of Business-ready Applications.
Taipei, Taiwan, March 2011 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers today announced expansion of their entry-level Turbo NAS lineup with the addition of the TS-412U rack-mounted NAS server targeted at the fast-growing SMB and workgroup market segments. The TS-412U features 4 SATA hard drives with up to 12TB of total capacity (using 3TB drives, not included) packaged in a compact 1U rack-mounted chassis. The TS-412U supports 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch hard drives in hot-swappable drive carriers, giving users more flexibility in selecting hard drives for installation. The TS-412U features a Marvell 1.2GHz CPU and 256MB of DDRII memory, providing sustained high performance with low power consumption.
The TS-412U is packed with features more often found on higher-end NAS units including support for single disk, RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6, or 5+ hot spare with online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration for data redundancy. The TS-412U supports iSCSI target service with Thin Provisioning, dual Gigabit LAN ports with failover and load balancing. The TS-412U also features 4 USB ports (1 front, 3 back panel) and 2 e-SATA ports for expanding the storage capacity or backing up the NAS data.
The TS-412U offers essential business features including cross-platform support for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX environments, centralized backup for all computers attached to the network, recording of surveillance video from IP cameras, and advanced security features such as policy-based IP blocking, Windows Active Directory support, and more. The TS-412U can be configured as an FTP server, file server, print server, and even for encrypted remote replication of another QNAP NAS on the network.
"The TS-412U satisfies the requirements of SMB and workgroup users who desire high performance networked storage with low acquisition cost but won't compromise on reliability and features," said Tony Lu, Product Manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. "The TS-412U offers comprehensive management tools, including scheduled power on/off, email and SMS alert, and detailed event and connection logs for administrators to maintain the server easily."
For more information on the TS-412U, download a spec sheet, or find out where to purchase, please visit: https://www.qnap.com
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit