Active Media Products Adds Write Protection Feature to SATA DOMs to Support Embedded Applications
Type-4 and Type-5 SATA DOMs Now Include Write Enable/Write Protect Switch
Fremont, California - March 15, 2011 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of DOMs and small form factor SSDs, announced that two of their low-profile 7-pin SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drive types now feature a write enable/write protect switch, which is useful in many embedded applications to prevent inadvertent deletion of files.
Most embedded computers are optimized to run a single application reliably year after year. Once deployed they are usually expected to operate continuously, maintenance free. DOMs are perfect for such applications because they are very reliable and have outstanding endurance, with a MTBF up to two million hours. The write protection switch improves reliability by allowing embedded system makers to write protect the drive after loading the OS and applications onto it. Write protection adds an extra level of security against viruses, file corruption, or inadvertent file deletion which could cause a failure of the embedded system. This improves field reliability of embedded computers and helps keep maintenance costs to a minimum.
Both Type-4 and Type-5 low-profile SATA DOMs now include a write protection switch. "Our DOM customers will welcome this new feature, which further enhances the reliability of AMP's DOMs for embedded computing applications. AMP will continue to focus development efforts on DOMs and embedded storage solutions," said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson.
Both types are available now in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. Approximate sample prices are as follows: 8GB models $70, 16GB models $90, 32GB models $160. OEM pricing is negotiable.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit