ASUS Reveals the World's First Motion-Sensing Experience for PC
An exciting new approach to PC entertainment on show at CeBIT 2011. WAVI Xtion (pronounced "way-vee action") comprises two components- the WAVI wireless media streaming device, and the Xtion motion sensor. It streams high definition media wirelessly from a PC located in one room toa TV in another, while infrared gesture-based multimedia playback, games and applications introduce the first ever officially-supported motion-sensing PC interface.
WAVI Xtion integrates motion-sensing technology from PrimeSense with the exclusive ASUS Xtion Portal user interface to bring consumers closer to technology through intuitive interaction with applications. Connections to both PCs and TVs via wireless HDMI(WHDI technology) deliver smooth transfers of high definition content such as movies, games and photos in 5GHz with a range of up to 25 meters.
Software products available on launch include MayaFit Cardio Lite, a motion-sensing fitness training game and BeatBooster, a multiplayer racing adventure game where users maneuver jet aircraft with their body movements. Enjoying PC games on the living room big screen TV is possible; the proprietary Xtion engine supports the remapping of keyboard controls into motion gestures for a variety of popular third party games.
Speaking on cooperation with ASUS when developing WAVI Xtion motion-sensing technology, PrimeSense CEO Inon Beracha said:
"Our collaboration with ASUS in providing a 3D sensing solution for WAVI Xtion proves to the industry that natural interaction technology is the ideal fit for living rooms, and that intuitive, gesture-based control will be the go-to route for operating all devices. We believe that PrimeSensesolutions like the user interface used on ASUS' WAVI Xtion represent the future of the way people interact with consumer electronics, and help break down barriersof use to allow people to sync with the electronic world around them."
Online store offers diverse choice
WAVI Xtion enables a wide selection of multimedia content and entertainment applications, working seamlessly with the ASUS @vibe online store* to deliver music, games and apps, all through the cloud.
Xtion Pro developer kit
Developers interested in creating gesture-based PC entertainment content can make use of the ASUS Xtion PRO developer pack, the world's first professional PC motion-sensing toolset. It opens up new opportunities for cost and time-efficient development of various applications, including games of every genre. ASUS plans to launch the Xtion Pro Developer Challenge in March, with attractive prizes and publishing deals for winning developers. Selected apps will be placed on the ASUS @vibe online store*.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyssey
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam