Greenliant Sampling World's First Industrial-Grade, Single-Package SATA SSD
Greenliant Systems, a leader in energy-efficient, highly secure and reliable solid-state storage products, is now sampling the industrial-grade version of its SATA interface NANDrive GLS85LS embedded solid-state drive (SSD) product family to select customers. Available in 2, 4 and 8 GB, the new NANDrive devices operate at temperatures between -40 and +85 degrees Celsius, giving customers long operating life and high reliability storage that can endure harsh environments.
The industrial-grade Greenliant NANDrive combines a SATA NAND controller with single-level cell (SLC) NAND flash die for a fully-integrated SSD in a multi-chip package. For applications requiring the durability and speed of solid-state storage in very small form factors, SATA NANDrive devices are one of the industry's smallest SSDs at 14mm x 24mm x 1.85mm. NANDrive is offered in a 145 ball grid array (BGA), 1mm ball pitch package for easy, space-saving and cost-effective mounting to a system motherboard.
"Designers of industrial electronics are concerned about the lifetime of their products and how changes in technology will affect those products," said Bing Yeh, CEO of Greenliant Systems. "NANDrive is an integrated SSD that addresses these concerns with robust wear leveling technology and advanced error correction code (ECC) algorithms. It extends the NAND flash lifetime and gives customers added protection against NAND flash supply issues."
NANDrive has the same footprint across all capacities, and can be easily upgraded in the field without host software and hardware changes. Compatible with many of today's popular chipsets, the SATA interface NANDrive does not require an additional bridge chip between the storage device and chipset.
Resistant to shock, vibration and humidity, the industrial-grade Greenliant NANDrive embedded SSD has been designed and tested to meet the durability and performance requirements of applications operating in extreme environments, including medical equipment, networking infrastructure, factory automation and automotive electronics.
The Greenliant-proprietary NANDrive design prevents data loss from unexpected power interruptions and read disturb. Its flexible security features make NANDrive an attractive option for secure data-storage applications, by allowing the user to set different protection levels within the SSD.
Greenliant is currently sampling the industrial-grade devices of it GLS85LS NANDrive line with customers on select product engagements.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz