Greenliant Sampling World's First Industrial-Grade, Single-Package SATA SSD
Greenliant Systems, a leader in energy-efficient, highly secure and reliable solid-state storage products, is now sampling the industrial-grade version of its SATA interface NANDrive GLS85LS embedded solid-state drive (SSD) product family to select customers. Available in 2, 4 and 8 GB, the new NANDrive devices operate at temperatures between -40 and +85 degrees Celsius, giving customers long operating life and high reliability storage that can endure harsh environments.
The industrial-grade Greenliant NANDrive combines a SATA NAND controller with single-level cell (SLC) NAND flash die for a fully-integrated SSD in a multi-chip package. For applications requiring the durability and speed of solid-state storage in very small form factors, SATA NANDrive devices are one of the industry's smallest SSDs at 14mm x 24mm x 1.85mm. NANDrive is offered in a 145 ball grid array (BGA), 1mm ball pitch package for easy, space-saving and cost-effective mounting to a system motherboard.
"Designers of industrial electronics are concerned about the lifetime of their products and how changes in technology will affect those products," said Bing Yeh, CEO of Greenliant Systems. "NANDrive is an integrated SSD that addresses these concerns with robust wear leveling technology and advanced error correction code (ECC) algorithms. It extends the NAND flash lifetime and gives customers added protection against NAND flash supply issues."
NANDrive has the same footprint across all capacities, and can be easily upgraded in the field without host software and hardware changes. Compatible with many of today's popular chipsets, the SATA interface NANDrive does not require an additional bridge chip between the storage device and chipset.
Resistant to shock, vibration and humidity, the industrial-grade Greenliant NANDrive embedded SSD has been designed and tested to meet the durability and performance requirements of applications operating in extreme environments, including medical equipment, networking infrastructure, factory automation and automotive electronics.
The Greenliant-proprietary NANDrive design prevents data loss from unexpected power interruptions and read disturb. Its flexible security features make NANDrive an attractive option for secure data-storage applications, by allowing the user to set different protection levels within the SSD.
Greenliant is currently sampling the industrial-grade devices of it GLS85LS NANDrive line with customers on select product engagements.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series