Greenliant Sampling World's First Industrial-Grade, Single-Package SATA SSD
Greenliant Systems, a leader in energy-efficient, highly secure and reliable solid-state storage products, is now sampling the industrial-grade version of its SATA interface NANDrive GLS85LS embedded solid-state drive (SSD) product family to select customers. Available in 2, 4 and 8 GB, the new NANDrive devices operate at temperatures between -40 and +85 degrees Celsius, giving customers long operating life and high reliability storage that can endure harsh environments.
The industrial-grade Greenliant NANDrive combines a SATA NAND controller with single-level cell (SLC) NAND flash die for a fully-integrated SSD in a multi-chip package. For applications requiring the durability and speed of solid-state storage in very small form factors, SATA NANDrive devices are one of the industry's smallest SSDs at 14mm x 24mm x 1.85mm. NANDrive is offered in a 145 ball grid array (BGA), 1mm ball pitch package for easy, space-saving and cost-effective mounting to a system motherboard.
"Designers of industrial electronics are concerned about the lifetime of their products and how changes in technology will affect those products," said Bing Yeh, CEO of Greenliant Systems. "NANDrive is an integrated SSD that addresses these concerns with robust wear leveling technology and advanced error correction code (ECC) algorithms. It extends the NAND flash lifetime and gives customers added protection against NAND flash supply issues."
NANDrive has the same footprint across all capacities, and can be easily upgraded in the field without host software and hardware changes. Compatible with many of today's popular chipsets, the SATA interface NANDrive does not require an additional bridge chip between the storage device and chipset.
Resistant to shock, vibration and humidity, the industrial-grade Greenliant NANDrive embedded SSD has been designed and tested to meet the durability and performance requirements of applications operating in extreme environments, including medical equipment, networking infrastructure, factory automation and automotive electronics.
The Greenliant-proprietary NANDrive design prevents data loss from unexpected power interruptions and read disturb. Its flexible security features make NANDrive an attractive option for secure data-storage applications, by allowing the user to set different protection levels within the SSD.
Greenliant is currently sampling the industrial-grade devices of it GLS85LS NANDrive line with customers on select product engagements.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam