ICY DOCK MB974SP-B Tray-less 4 in 3 SATA 3 Hot-Swap RAID Backplane Module with eSATA & USB 2.0 Port
Introducing the new face of Icy Dock screw-less technology, the MB974SP-B 4-in-3 SATA Backplane. This product allows the user to install 4 x 3.5" SATA hard drives into a computer case's 3 available 5.25" device bays. Using our world renowned screw-less technology, no screws or tools are required to insert or eject the drives making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience.
The front of the device includes childproof power buttons for each drive which require the button to be pressed slightly deeper than normal to ensure that a drive is not accidentally turned off by bumping into it or rubbing against it. These power buttons also act as an LED indicator showing drive power and activity. Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism to prevent a door from being opened easily, making it an ideal solution for systems where IT and non-IT personnel have access. Also on the front are USB and eSATA ports to quickly and easily connect external storage peripherals, especially useful for cases that do not have front/top port access.
On the rear of the MB974SP-B is a monster 80mm cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots. The fan also features an "on-demand" power system, so that the fan is only powered on if a drive's power is on. So even if all 4 slots are filled, the fan will only spin if one of the drives is powered on. And if the included fan is not enough, it can be upgraded to use most aftermarket 80mm case fans that use a 2 or 3 pin connector, giving the user a wide range of choices according to their preferences. To further the user's customization, a 3 speed fan control is built in letting the user choose between high, low, or auto. The auto setting uses our Smart Cooling Technology to adjust fan speed according to the cooling requirements of the drives. An internal SATA cable and USB header connector are also built into the rear for easy connection to the systems motherboard or add-on card.
* Fits 4 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 3 x 5.25" Device Bays
* Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug & play and hot swap use
* Compatible with SATA 6 Gb/sec
* Stylish aluminum construction for durability and heat dissipation
* 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow
* On-demand power system - Fan power only when a drive is powered on
* Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use 2-pin or 3-pin connectors
* 3 speed fan control including Smart Cooling Technology providing temperature
* Front and rear ventilation slots
* Front side USB and eSATA ports for convenient external storage connections
* Individual power switches and LEDs for each drive
* Child-proof power buttons to avoid accidental power shut down
* Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection
* Internal SATA cable and USB header cable built into rear of device
Latest News Posts
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct