Corsair to Preview Force Series GT SSDs at CeBIT
- New SandForce-based High-Performance SSD Line Supports 6Gb/s SATA 3 -
Fremont, California - February 24th, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced it will preview its new Force Series GT line of solid-state drives at its booth at CeBIT.
The new Force GT SSDs will use the new SandForce® SF-2000 SSD Processor with native support for SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3) to deliver incredible performance, with up to 60K Random Write IOPS, read speeds of up to 520 MB/s, and writes speeds of up to 500 MB/s. The new SSD line is designed for enthusiasts who demand the fastest performance available.
"With the rapid adoption of systems with SATA 3 support, enthusiasts are demanding SSDs that can take advantage of the dramatic increase in throughput over SATA 2," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "The new Force GT SSDs can deliver up to twice the speed of the fastest SATA 2 drives, making them ideal for high-performance systems."
"Corsair and SandForce have been working together closely, and I am thrilled that Corsair has selected the SF-2000 SSD Processor family for their new set of enthusiast-class solid-state drives," stated Thad Omura, VP of Marketing at SandForce. "The new Force GT SSDs will enable Corsair's performance-obsessed customers to break new ground in storage subsystem performance."
Force Series GT SSDs are expected to be available in early Q2 2011. Details on pricing and capacities have not yet been announced. For more information on Corsair's other solid-state drives, please visit the Corsair web site.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC headsets and speaker systems, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2011 Corsair Memory, Inc. All rights reserved. Corsair and the sails logo are registered trademarks, and Force Series is a trademark of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure