AMD Delivers on the Dream of Seamless Graphics Experience for Remote Workers by Enabling Support of Microsoft RemoteFX
ATI FirePro professional graphics and Microsoft RemoteFX deliver vivid graphics to thin client devices, improving end user experiences and business agility by centralizing a media-rich Windows desktop on servers
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -2/22/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced support for Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1), featuring Microsoft® RemoteFX with ATI FirePro professional graphics. Microsoft RemoteFX is a feature of Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Remote Desktop Services allow IT managers to centrally deploy and manage desktops and applications for remote users, while keeping the data secure on servers in the data center. Microsoft RemoteFX, supported by ATI FirePro professional graphics, enhances the end-user experience for Remote Desktop Services and enables users to access a media-rich Windows 7 desktop in a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environment, from a broad range of client devices.
"IT managers have been demanding virtualization of graphics, and Microsoft RemoteFX combined with ATI FirePro professional graphics delivers this capability for desktop applications," said Janet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. "These workplace professionals can access rich media, including full-motion video, on connected remote devices such as thin clients."
With Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, a single, virtualized graphics processing unit on the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host can give multiple VDI users a rich desktop experience that is like a local Windows 7 desktop experience. Hardware-assisted graphics acceleration with RemoteFX enables a full-fidelity virtual desktop experience, including support for 3D applications, portable graphics content such as Microsoft Silverlight, Windows Aero and more.
"With ATI FirePro professional graphics, RemoteFX gives users a great experience on their remote devices. Whether on a remote traditional PC, or from a web page on a thin client, users can enjoy a rich desktop and applications that include high-fidelity graphics," said Manlio Vecchiet, Director of Windows Server Product Management, Microsoft Corp. "Taking advantage of host-side rendering, ATI FirePro professional graphics lets applications on the host computer run at full speed. Combining fast host-side rendering with traditional client-side rendering, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 gives Microsoft VDI customers great deployment flexibility: In a single solution, you get great graphics performance for device-independent remoting, as well as for network-constrained environments."
AMD offers support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with ATI FirePro V5800, ATI FirePro V7800, ATI FirePro V8800, and ATI FirePro V9800 professional graphics.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the servers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit