Toshiba Introduces STOR.E ART 4 External HDDs with USB 3.0
Toshiba Computer Systems, a division of Toshiba Europe GmbH, today unveiled the new STOR.E ART 4 external hard disk drives featuring SuperSpeed USB technology (USB 3.0) for super-fast data transfers with a transmission rate of up to 5 Gigabit per second. The sleekly designed external hard disk drives will be available during the first quarter of 2011 throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
"USB 3.0 will become a standard feature in the computing market of the future. Toshiba anticipated this trend, and launches not only new hard disk drives but also notebooks featuring the SuperSpeed data transmission technology," said Marco Perino, General Manager Digital Products EMEA Toshiba Computer Systems. As users are increasingly storing large files such as videos, music tracks and photos, they demand a fast data connection between the backup medium and the computer. USB 3.0 offers data rates of up to 5 Gigabit per second. Compatibility to the widespread USB 2.0 ensures that computers supporting only USB 2.0 can also be used with STOR.E ART 4.
Backup technology and password-protection on board
Coming pre-loaded with NTI Backup Now EZTM, STOR.E ART 4 allows users to easily organize their backup routines. NTI BackupNow EZ software provides fully-customisable backup capabilities, including the option to backup specific folders, certain file types, and to conduct a system backup. In addition, complete password-protection with up to 256-bit data encryption prevents unauthorized access to data.
Designed to give storage a personal touch
Available in a selection of three models with red, blue, and white coloured graphical accents on a high gloss black finish STOR.E ART 4 gives customers the choice to express their personal style. It provides a capacity of up to 1TB. Thanks to the small dimensions and light weight of less than 190g, rubberised edges, a power supply via the USB connection and an embedded shock sensor protecting data stored on the disk in case of an accidental drop or shock, STOR.E ART 4 is ideal for mobile usage. It is also suitable for stationary usage, making a very smart desk accessory.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit