New AMD Professional Graphics Solutions Enhance Visual Display Capabilities for High Productivity Workplaces
New AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics offer the flexibility IT professionals need to efficiently support various display technologies
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -1/31/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics cards. AMD designed these new offerings for professionals in the medical, financial, design and engineering fields who require the ability to view and interact with multiple applications simultaneously.
"Because of their superior power consumption and multi-display capabilities, solutions based on the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI deliver strong value for financial, medical and corporate workstation environments," said Janet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. "With the AMD FirePro family, we continue to demonstrate our focus on enhancing productivity through an enhanced visual experience."
As AMD's only low-profile, passively cooled, dual-display, triple set support solution graphics card, the AMD FirePro 2270 delivers multi-display capabilities for increased efficiency, longevity and compatibility. For example, the AMD FirePro 2270 features a fan-less, energy efficient design that consumes 15 watts maximum power and less than 10 watts on average. Additionally, the AMD FirePro 2270 enables efficient multitasking across multiple applications, including graphics intensive applications, helping to prevent system slowdowns. Legacy support for DisplayPort, DVI and VGA connectivity allows for seamless integration into existing installations.
The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI delivers professionals the graphics performance needed to drive two high-resolution dual link DVI displays while offering users the ability to stretch one image or application across both screens for expanded field of view and enhanced productivity. Support for DVI, the most common digital interface, makes setting up dual-display configurations easier than ever. The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics delivers a full 30-bit display pipeline to enable increased color reproduction and superb visual fidelity and supports packed pixel mode to support dual 5MP medical displays.
With AMD FirePro 2270 starting at $149 US SEP and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI starting at $469 US SEP, both cards are available from professional graphics retailers worldwide.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure