New AMD Professional Graphics Solutions Enhance Visual Display Capabilities for High Productivity Workplaces
New AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics offer the flexibility IT professionals need to efficiently support various display technologies
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -1/31/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics cards. AMD designed these new offerings for professionals in the medical, financial, design and engineering fields who require the ability to view and interact with multiple applications simultaneously.
"Because of their superior power consumption and multi-display capabilities, solutions based on the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI deliver strong value for financial, medical and corporate workstation environments," said Janet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. "With the AMD FirePro family, we continue to demonstrate our focus on enhancing productivity through an enhanced visual experience."
As AMD's only low-profile, passively cooled, dual-display, triple set support solution graphics card, the AMD FirePro 2270 delivers multi-display capabilities for increased efficiency, longevity and compatibility. For example, the AMD FirePro 2270 features a fan-less, energy efficient design that consumes 15 watts maximum power and less than 10 watts on average. Additionally, the AMD FirePro 2270 enables efficient multitasking across multiple applications, including graphics intensive applications, helping to prevent system slowdowns. Legacy support for DisplayPort, DVI and VGA connectivity allows for seamless integration into existing installations.
The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI delivers professionals the graphics performance needed to drive two high-resolution dual link DVI displays while offering users the ability to stretch one image or application across both screens for expanded field of view and enhanced productivity. Support for DVI, the most common digital interface, makes setting up dual-display configurations easier than ever. The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics delivers a full 30-bit display pipeline to enable increased color reproduction and superb visual fidelity and supports packed pixel mode to support dual 5MP medical displays.
With AMD FirePro 2270 starting at $149 US SEP and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI starting at $469 US SEP, both cards are available from professional graphics retailers worldwide.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit