New AMD Professional Graphics Solutions Enhance Visual Display Capabilities for High Productivity Workplaces
New AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics offer the flexibility IT professionals need to efficiently support various display technologies
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -1/31/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics cards. AMD designed these new offerings for professionals in the medical, financial, design and engineering fields who require the ability to view and interact with multiple applications simultaneously.
"Because of their superior power consumption and multi-display capabilities, solutions based on the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI deliver strong value for financial, medical and corporate workstation environments," said Janet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics. "With the AMD FirePro family, we continue to demonstrate our focus on enhancing productivity through an enhanced visual experience."
As AMD's only low-profile, passively cooled, dual-display, triple set support solution graphics card, the AMD FirePro 2270 delivers multi-display capabilities for increased efficiency, longevity and compatibility. For example, the AMD FirePro 2270 features a fan-less, energy efficient design that consumes 15 watts maximum power and less than 10 watts on average. Additionally, the AMD FirePro 2270 enables efficient multitasking across multiple applications, including graphics intensive applications, helping to prevent system slowdowns. Legacy support for DisplayPort, DVI and VGA connectivity allows for seamless integration into existing installations.
The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI delivers professionals the graphics performance needed to drive two high-resolution dual link DVI displays while offering users the ability to stretch one image or application across both screens for expanded field of view and enhanced productivity. Support for DVI, the most common digital interface, makes setting up dual-display configurations easier than ever. The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics delivers a full 30-bit display pipeline to enable increased color reproduction and superb visual fidelity and supports packed pixel mode to support dual 5MP medical displays.
With AMD FirePro 2270 starting at $149 US SEP and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI starting at $469 US SEP, both cards are available from professional graphics retailers worldwide.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM