AMD Promotes Two Technical Leaders to Corporate Fellow
Critical software and power management contributions recognized with appointments to company's highest technical level
Sunnyvale, CA -1/24/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced the appointments of Sam Naffziger and Leendert van Doorn to AMD Corporate Fellow for their leadership in power management technology and software development, respectively. Corporate Fellow is the highest level of technical recognition at AMD, with Naffziger and van Doorn becoming only the third and fourth employees to hold the position.
"This designation is reserved for individuals who impact AMD's business opportunities and technical breadth by providing a high degree of expertise, creativity and strategic direction," said Chekib Akrout, senior vice president and general manager of AMD Technology Development. "Sam and Leendert are not only leaders in their respective technical fields, but they are also crucial to AMD's competitive position."
Naffziger has more than 22 years of experience in developing microprocessors and is a recognized visionary in circuit design and power management technologies. Since joining AMD in 2006 he has been a leader at the company in high-frequency, low-power circuit design, including significant contributions to the new "Bulldozer" x86 processing core scheduled to come to market in the first half of this year. Naffziger has also been the primary architect behind a number of key power reduction and management technologies being deployed AMD's upcoming processors codenamed "Llano", "Orochi" and "Trinity." He is the named inventor on 92 issued patents, 13 of which were filed while he was at AMD, and has contributed more than 25 IEEE publications and presentations to the industry.
Leendert van Doorn
As a software visionary, van Doorn is a recognized technical authority in a number of key areas including operating systems, virtualization, security and manageability. He has been consistently recognized for making significant contributions that intersect across AMD's product roadmaps, making the company a valued and trusted partner with software developers. Prior to joining AMD, Leendert held of number of technical titles at organizations including IBM and AT&T. Leendert is an adjunct professor at Carnegie Mellon University, is the named inventor on 6 patents and has published over 40 peer reviewed books, conference papers and journal contributions.
Corporate Fellows are appointed after a rigorous review process that assesses not only specific technical contributions to AMD, but involvement in the industry at large, mentoring of others and improving the long-term strategic position of the company.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be at E3 2018
- PS5 won't launch before 2021
- Sony may further experiment with portable gaming
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit