Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2011 Financial Results
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - January 19, 2011 -
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) today reported financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2010. The company shipped 48.9 million disk drives and on a GAAP basis reported revenue of $2.7 billion, gross margin of 19.5%, net income of $150 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.31. On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes the net impact of purchased intangibles amortization and restructuring, Seagate reported net income of $159 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.33 for the quarter ended December 31, 2010.
For the six months ended December 31, 2010, the company reported on a GAAP basis revenue of $5.4 billion, gross margin of 19.9%, net income of $299 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.61. On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes the impact of purchased intangibles amortization and restructuring, Seagate reported net income of $339 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.70.
For reconciliation of non-GAAP to GAAP results, see accompanying financial tables.
Establishment of Revolving Credit Facility
On January 18, 2011 the company and its subsidiary Seagate HDD Cayman ("the Borrower") entered into a Credit Agreement which provides for a $350 million senior secured revolving credit facility. The revolving credit facility is currently undrawn and provides the company with flexibility to meet its business needs. Additional details regarding the Credit Agreement can be found in the Form 8-K filed today.
Seagate will hold a conference call to review its second fiscal quarter results today at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call will consist of opening comments from Steve Luczo, CEO, followed by a question and answer session with the executive management team. During today's conference call, the company will provide an outlook for its third fiscal quarter of 2011, including key underlying assumptions.
Seagate has issued a Supplemental Commentary document. The Supplemental Commentary will not be read during today's call, but rather it is available in the investor relations section of seagate.com.
The conference call can be accessed online at seagate.com or by phone as follows: USA: (866) 770-7051 International: (617) 213-8064 Participant Passcode: 69764926
A replay will be available beginning today at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The replay can be accessed from seagate.com.
Seagate is the world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- System Shock reboot on 'hiatus' after raising $1.35 million
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit