Corsair Adds New Mid-Tower Case to its Award-Winning Obsidian Series
The new Obsidian Series 650D brings the best features of the builder-friendly, full-tower Obsidian Series 800D to a mid-tower design
LAS VEGAS, California - January 06, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D case, the latest addition to its highly-acclaimed Obsidian Series. With a number of innovative features, the first Obsidian Series case-the 800D-garnered worldwide recognition as one of the most builder-friendly cases available, and quickly became a favorite among water-cooling enthusiasts and case modders alike.
The new Obsidian Series 650D brings many of the favorite features of the Obsidian Series-simple, clean design; an innovative cable routing system; room for water cooling; and ample space for even the most complex systems-to a mid-tower case. The 650D also incorporates the same high-quality construction and materials the Obsidian Series is known for, including a rugged steel skeleton and stylish brushed aluminum faceplate.
"As soon as the original Obsidian Series 800D full-tower case was launched, we began to receive an unbelievable number of requests for a smaller, mid-tower version. The rich feature set of the 650D is the result of the direct communication we have with our customers," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to be able to work with such passionate customers, and equally enthusiastic engineers, to bring high-quality products like the 650D to market."
In addition to the features already described, the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D includes a windowed side panel, 200mm front-mounted intake and top-mounted exhaust fans with external fan speed control, eight PCI expansions slots, room for both 1x120 and 2x120mm radiators, as well as an external SATA 6Gbps (SATA Revision 3.0) hot-swap dock. The 650D also features a generous CPU cutout to make installing a CPU cooler simpler, easy-to-open side panels, and tool-free 5.25" and 3.5" drive bays, making the 650D just as builder-friendly as its full-tower predecessor. It has ample room to fit even the longest graphics cards, and the SSD-ready 3.5" drive bays can be reconfigured easily for even more room or improved airflow. And finally, with plenty of space behind the motherboard tray, your cable routing will always be neat and tidy with minimal effort.
The Corsair Obsidian Series 650D is expected to be available in April, 2011, from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $199.99 and is supplied with a 2-year warranty. Like all Corsair products, the Obsidian Series 650D is backed by Corsair's highly regarded customer service and technical support.
For more information on Corsair's range of high-performance cooling solutions, please visit http://www.corsair.com/cases.html.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems, computer cases, and headset and speakers systems.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions